Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, November 1, 2010

When it Feels Like You Just Can't Help A Person

 I read somewhere the other day that it was an awful feeling not being able to take pain and hurt away from a person.  That it can make a person feel helpless and useless to not be able to help someone feel better.

I wonder if we just tell it like it is; say what's truly on our mind.  Share the frustration and anger in that feeling with the person that we'd like to help.  Say how powerless we feel to help them.  State whatever we feel in each moment that we feel something.  Don't edit our thoughts so much as to 'spare' the sick person.

State what is truly going on inside of you because of your love for and lack of ability to help them.   Sometimes, the professionals cannot help.  Why would we think we should be able to.

I believe I am a person that can't be helped.  My loved ones see me suffer and hurt every day (especially now with winter weather).  I do not want people tiptoeing around me.  I do not want them to fear that they can make it worse for me.  They owe me nothing because they are healthy and I am not.  We all have our struggles; they are just different for everyone.

I need and want their honest and brutal truth of how my illness affects them.  Sometimes I think it's easier for me as the sick person.

This is a wonderful 'place' to be our authentic self.  What if in sharing what we really feel, think, and need (because of the illness in the home) would be the ultimate gift to the sick person and to all in the household.

I know one psychologist stated that living with an illness is like living with a terrorist.  You never know when they are going to strike and on what level.  This resonated with me. And, I know, it's not only the one with the illness that is affected.  It affects everyone around the illness as well. 

I don't like stating that I am the one with scleroderma.  However, I realize now that I am not living my truth when I pretend or hide how I am feeling.  When I want to act like I do not have scleroderma, I am not being authentic.  Yucko.  (didn't want to go here!)

One never is done learning/growing. 

Is today the day to try a new approach (with our loved ones and/or ourselves)  regarding a truth about what struggle we live with?  Can we allow it to come from the real truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment