Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, November 12, 2010

The Same Person

Are you the same person you were when you were little?  Do you feel the same way underneath it all?   Are you connected to that little you?  Is that young you in the adult you?

(here we go)

I remember when I realized I was nothing like the little girl I was.  I think I 'killed' her off or 'buried' her away.  I did not have a connection to that little girl other than a few memories of her childhood.  I did not feel like the same person then and now.  That little person was someone I knew; not someone I was.  I was astounded to discover this. 

I went home and asked my then boyfriend (who is now my husband (crazy guy)) if he was the same person he was when he was young.  He said most definitely.  Wow.  This was a shocker to me.

As I continue on this path; as I learn about myself and allow myself to be me, I am finding and connecting to this little girl again.  She is who I am now.  How peaceful and exciting and right for me.

I went as far as using my dominant hand to write a letter to my little self; myself as a little girl.  I then used my less dominant hand to write a letter from my little girl to my adult self.  It was very strange and a little unnerving but my little self was so happy to finally get recognition and someone to care for her the way she needed to be cared for.  I think she said "I am so happy you are here".  It's been a long, tedious process.  However, together we 'rock' and together we share and together we know and give and love.   My adult self now has many, many more 'tools' and abilities to guide and love and comfort the little girl inside of me that so needed guidance and love and comforting. 

She is my joy and I am her safety net. 

I hear that abused children leave themselves sometimes to be able to survive.  I guess I did the same thing.  I was not physically abused or abused verbally forthright even.  I chose to shut down, turn off, not feel because there was too much pain in the adults that were around me.  I did not want to create any more pain for them by them needing to deal with me.  So I gave up the person I was.  My thoughts, my dreams, my needs; I buried or dissolved.  I molded myself into what others needed me to be to be able to cope with their lives (as much as I could anyway).  I'm sure I wasn't always hiding within.

I rejoice in knowing and being the person I was born as.  I am sure I still have a way to go.  My guess is that I will always be growing.  Connecting with my little self was probably one of the most joyful connections I have made in this lifetime.

Where is your little self?  Is he/she right there with you?  Dare you talk to her/him? 

Not sure this can be done easily without feeling really weird and off the charts at first!  Not sure this can be done easily at all.  It was not easy for me. 

I do know it can be done.  With courage, truth, love and acceptance, anything just might be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment