Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, November 28, 2010

Me So Dumb

I feel real silly with this truth.  I have one teenager not old enough to drive and 4 dogs and I don't know how to make appointment times for myself.    I feel like I need to be available for my teenager if and when she needs me.  I work my schedule around the dogs' needs and feeding times.

So, when I want to make an appointment for myself (although I can go almost anytime), I find myself with a big hesitation to commit. 

Why don't I let my daughter work around my schedule.  Why am I choosing to work around hers.  Then I get angry and frustrated.  I am not being true to me first and foremost.  My dogs won't die if I'm a bit late or off on their feeding time.

I am not teaching my daughter the importance of myself.  When she is my age, will she do the same.  Most likely, yes.  Do I want this for her.   Most definitely, no. 

So, this week I am hoping to be different.  Book my appointments on my time and let her know that this is what I am doing and she and I will both have to work to keep her as on schedule as possible with me being happy also. 

I feel guilty and wrong.  My mind tells me this is beautiful and right.  Perhaps, this is one of those times when my brain needs to take over for me because my emotions are messing with me.  I want to live my truth.

Is it fair to her for me to get mad because I don't choose to do differently or better.  No, it is not.

So, here goes....

Are you finding yourself angry or frustrated at another for something that, perhaps, you are creating? 

No comments:

Post a Comment