Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, November 15, 2010

Something Weird in the Air

Something is certainly weird here in my air.  I can't understand it, know it or get a handle on it.  Feels like tension, war, uncertainty.  As I sit at the computer, it is very dark outside like rain is coming.  Most of the leaves have lost their color and alot of the trees are bare.  There is a stillness in the air as well.

I'm not knowing what to do or how to proceed on.  Am I at a crossroads?  Is it time for me to see scleroderma as staying with me and lose the belief that I will be healed?  That I will have a life without this disease?  Wow.  Didn't see this coming. 

OK.  Let's just say I will have pain and discomfort for the rest of my life.  I will never be able to paint my nails and have pretty hands.  I will always have problems picking something up, putting jewelry on, taking dishes out of the diswasher, feeling someone's touch.  Is it the end then for me.  Certainly not.  Do I wish it were different.  Certainly.

I sadden thinking of this.  However, I know it's time for me to let go of the 30 year old belief that I can make this go away.  It is time for me to believe that I can live happily with it. 

What would I be like without the thought that I can heal.  I would be free to let go of the search and do, live and breathe other things. 

Ok.  So, here on this post.  I am accepting defeat.  Defeat of ever being the person I want to be without a disease.  I can be the person I want to be with a disease.

Now, to just learn how to be me without the pretense and the waiting for me to be (what I believe) whole.

I can be whole just as I am.  (no, not feeling that completely yet, ha).

Truth.?  How do I go out and be a 'hot babe' and look and feel good when I have pain, discomfort and inabilities.  Oh, so the truth really comes out!  The internal love of external beauty.  ohhhhhh.  Yes, I have it.  I love feeling like I look good.  I've never put together looking good and having an illness.

Although what comes to mind is when I met another woman with scleroderma and she was sitting at another table talking with a group of people and there was sunlight on her and she looked beautiful. 

OK.  So I got this.  Life goes on.  Life is what we make it.  Life (I've (got) nothing more.  I'm sitting here with my hand on my forehead, elbow on the table.)

Oh the trials and tribulations!

I'm hoping you have better 'air' than I do today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment