Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gift-Giving: A Thought to Ponder

When we give a person a gift, is it from our own knowing, is it to fulfill our own satifaction and can it make us happy.  Is it possible our gift giving is for ourselves, maybe, as well as for others?

I remember way back when I had just given a woman, a doctor of mine, a gift.  She immediately got into that me giving her a gift was for my self.  My self satisfaction/self happiness/self fulfillment of some kind.  I immediately thought she was nuts and asked her to keep going with it.

She explained that she had no idea I was giving her a gift so if I didn't give her one, nothing would change with her life.  She went on to say, although she enjoyed the gift and it made her smile, the feeling that I got from giving her the gift was what I really was establishing for myself.  I admitted it made me feel good, kind and loving.  And, I said "I did it for you though". 

We went on and on for one-half hour or so and then I finally got it.  I did give her the gift because it was something I thought to do; something I wanted to do; something that made me happy.  I did it thinking it was going to make her happy, when, in reality, I really didn't know if it would or not.  I did know that it made me feel good.

So, what possesses us to give a gift?  Is it our self or is it another?  Where does that first and last thought about the gift come from?  We first think to give the gift and then we may react to how the person accepts the gift.  Is it about self?  Does it come from within or somewhere else? 

Gift-giving - a thought to ponder, perhaps.

When I first thought about creating this blog, I thought about sharing and helping others to grow into themselves; into being you.  In reality, I don't know how other people respond to it.  I do know that it helps me immensely with my own growth;  faith in my self and trust in my thoughts and feelings.  Interesting, indeed.

What does gift giving do for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment