Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, April 15, 2011

Dogs... and So Much More

Full Moon tonight and my dogs have seemed to turn into werewolves.  It is midnight and they have not gotten quiet yet.  Running in and out the dog door and barking and chasing each other; it's crazy.  I even shut the dog door and my one dog, Little Bear, decided to go out the cat door!  Wow.  what is going on.

So, needless to say I'm wide awake; sort of.  I'm chasing them all around the place and one goes this way and two go that way and one completely ignores me.  My cats are here as well 'playing the game'. 

I might as well just enjoy it and go with it.  I have lost complete control.  Mind you, I realized several years ago, I am not the Alpha Dog in this pack.  I'm not very good at making them do what I want them to do most of the time.  I could sure use the Dog Whisperer!

I have to say it is a beautiful, bright night.  I decided to bask in the moon a bit.  The temperature is quite comfortable and I can see fairly easily.  It's a good night for a sleep out.  -- Although, it won't be me sleeping out.

I'm starting to find delicious fruit at the stores.  I hear the strawberries are being locally picked and I can't wait to taste them!  A strawberry-banana smoothie sounds good about right now.  I make it with frozen strawberries, banana, strawberry or vanilla yogurt and a bit of orange juice - blend it all together and mmgood.

I love the end of the school year for many reasons.  One of them being the fresh cherries that become ripe.  It's probably my favorite fruit.

Summer is good for so many reasons.  The warm air, the bright, beautiful sunshine; the fresh fruits and vegetables, the warm sand if I'm lucky enough to make it to the beach --  oh, I'm dreaming now.  I haven't made it to the beach at the Jersey Shore probably since I lived there 15 years ago.  With the house in FL and my daughter traveling to the horse show circuit, there's no time for the beach in the summertime.  I used to live on the beach when I was single and also married for 4 years or so.  I was a beach bum.   I exercised and went to the beach.  I ran my fitness business and went to the beach.  It was my heaven.

I am now in the process of finding my heaven again; outside of my raising a family.  It's hard because my fingers and hands are so much more deformed and my health has declined quite a bit since my days of working and beachin it.

There has to be something this older woman can offer and do and enjoy.  I'm so ready to move to it.  I'd like to show my daughter the way instead of just lecturing her on the way. 

I hope I can figure it out.  I really know that this is what I need.  To find and live me as a person again.  Not as a wife; not as a mom, not as a family member.  Who am I besides these things?

I do not know how I went from 'dogs' to 'who am I' but this is how I roll, apparently.  Ha.

Who are U without your 'titles'; your image?


If you are not your job title, your family title, your sport - who are you?

No bull.  I believe there is more to us then our titles. 

I want to be a person connected to people, open-minded, helping others, loving life and exploring new things. 

Do U know of anyone on their deathbed that said 'I sure wish I worked more'?  I think not.  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment