Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Perspective

I was doing the simple task of taking dog treats, Greenies, out of their bag and putting them in a plastic protective container.

I found myself struggling because they were stuck together because we had stored them in the garage in the hot temperatures.  I immediately found myself frustrated and angry at my husband that I was dealing with this. 

I then found myself saying whoa, I can very easily bring this container back to my husband and he will very graciously separate them and it will be done.  However, I felt myself being completely against (stubborn) having to do this.  I felt frustration that I was unable to easily do it and I realized I was blaming my problem on him.  How fair is that?

They say awareness comes first.  So I was proud that I caught myself not wanting to take the responsibility for what was going on and that I wanted to blame someone else for this 'horrible' situation that I was in.  I now am more aware that I want to (or is it have to) own my 'un-fun' part of my life and incorporate it with the fun, easy parts of my life.  I can slow down enough to allow this to happen and I can accept the blame for my own feelings and reactions.  (OH MY Where is the yellow brick road when I need it?)

I am very proud of myself.  I also (don't want to but have to) admit that in the past, when I lived on my own, I just did what I could to get the job done.  I didn't get frustrated or angry; I just proceeded to do what I could do.  I had only me to depend on and I wasn't going to fault myself for anything. 

Why is it once I had these 'someones' that are 'supposed to love and care for me' that I choose to expect almost everything from them; also expecting them to know what I need and want when I can't even pinpoint it at times. 

Oh, this 'work' can be exhausting, brilliant, fun and definitely life-altering.

May you do something life-altering today to make your life more of the life that is Y O U.


No comments:

Post a Comment