Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mark Nepo Again

So I just getting done writing my last post "Torn Between Two Worlds" and I go to read a little and I switch on Mark Nepo's book "The Book of Awakening:  Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have" and AGAIN, it feels like the message is for me.  It's exactly where I'm at in my journey and what I want/need to hear. 

Again, I say to myself  'you can't make this stuff up'.

Hope it's okay, but I'm quoting you, Mark, again.  I just love your way with words and, together, their meaning. 

It's for September 2... "Where Love Is Deep much can be accomplished."  Shinichi Suzuki

Mark writes so eloquently and beautifully:
"Despite our culture's over-emphasis on doing, there is a rightful place and time to get things done.  In truth, there is very little we can not do.  Much of the time we just lack either the ability to envision the dream built or the confidence that we can build it.

I remember early on how my grandmother would encourage me to envision even the smallest dreams down through my hands into the world  She would say, "See it here," pointing to my forehead, and then she would take both my little hands and say, "now see it here."  Then she would laugh and say, "And soon, it will be here".  With this, she would look around the room.

It is an amazing thing about being human that we can feel something inside and then build it in the world.  It seems we have this inborn need to love and to create.  At their deepest, these drives of spirit appear to be the same.  For through her love, wasn't Grandma creating me?  Don't we help birth another the instant we encourage them to see with their heart?  Don't we help birth the world each time we give someone confidence to build what they see with their heart?"

"What instrument shall we be next?"

Mark, You Rock!

Again, are you aware of anything bubbling up inside of you?

I TURN THE PAGE AND this is what I read:

"I imagined like everyone else at school, that my parents were sitting just out of view like those quiet doctors behind clean mirrors, watching and reprimanding my every move. As I reached adulthood, the habit continued.  I walked around constantly troubled by what others must be thinking of what I was or was not doing.  In this, we are burdened with the seeds of self-consciousness.  From this, we trouble our spontaneity and the possibility of joy by watching ourselves too closely, nervously unsure if this or that is a mistake.

It is from the burden of others watching and judging that the need to achieve gets exaggerated into the want for fame.  I remember at different times fantasizing the future gathering like an audience, ready to marvel at how much I had done with so little.  It didn't even matter for what this attention might come.  Just let some form of watchfulness be approving, and I would know relief."

...."my sobs were sobs of relief, the water of a de-shelled spirit soaking ground."

BRAVO











No comments:

Post a Comment