Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hyoid Bone

I got another 'massage' the other day and for some reason the hyoid bone stayed on my mind.  I've been feeling and nuturing it and I couldn't seem to stop thinking these two words -  hyoid bone  (I have to admit, they seem like fun words to me).  I learned about it while taking cranial sacral courses.  It is in the throat.  We learn to release it by touch to help with chewing, swallowing and speech.  It may help to release the musculature and connective tissue of the face and neck. 

Hence, I finally listened to myself and did some more research and this is what I found most interesting...

"This bone is shaped roughly like a horseshoe, and it nestles in the throat below the tongue. This bone is also sometimes called the "lingual bone," in a references to the fact that it gives humans the power of speech. The term "hyoid" comes from the Greek hyoeides, which means "upsilon-shaped." The Greek letter upsilon is shaped much like the Roman letter U.*
*wisegeek.com 

I took this to connect with Be U and the life with horses my daughter loves so much.  And probably, most importantly, it's time for me to speak and use my voice instead of just typing who I am.  (ooo, scary)

Interesting as all get out!

May you pay attention to your repetitive self today.  May you learn something fun, interesting and/or helpful to being you.



No comments:

Post a Comment