Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, January 22, 2011

When in Doubt, Ask

I asked my daughter what she thought about me 'hurting' if I stay outside in the cold to watch the horse show.  She said, without hesitation, there will be other shows, you definitely should not be out there if you are uncomfortable at all. 

So, our children certainly are smart.  Deep down, I know this is the answer.  Yet, another part of me still believes it is my job to be out there supporting my child.  Not only my job, but my desire.

I hear people say that 'kids are resilient'.  I'm not sure I believe this.  Perhaps, kids show resilience.  However, my belief is that kids are resilient until they become adults.  Alot that we didn't deal with or passed over as kids, may come back to 'haunt' us as adults.

I'm sure all adults can easily come up with at least three (3) memories that forever changed their life; even circumstances that still have us believing certain ways that, if questioned, aren't so real or true for us today.  Perhaps, there is even something(s) that we haven't let go of because it was so traumatic or just hugely affected us at the time (and we can still be letting us affect us now). 

Interesting, if nothing else.  It can also hurt my head to think about it.  Ha.

How is your resilience level today?


           Talk about bouncing back.  Is it bouncing back or bouncing to what works best for us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment