Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Technology, Electronics and Me (oh my)

I'm not sure this is even what anyone wants to hear about, however, it is what is coming up for me.  I'd like to share the 'tragedy' please.  Ha.

So, I have a rental car today.  I have to drive out of town today and I do not know the exact path to travel.  My car (luckily, perhaps spoiled) has Navigation in it and I didn't realize how much I didn't pay attention to the routes I drive because of my dependency on the technology.  I even have a portable Garmin (navigation) that I hooked up to the rental car.  OH MY though - to have to figure out the new way to use it and not be able to just push a button.  Horrible, right.

Anyhow, got it plugged into the socket in the car to charge the battery and soon I was putting in the address and got it done.  Hooray. (The charger plug did get stuck in the socket at the end of it all and I needed help to pull it out.)  Then, I have my new cell phone.  Figuring that out is enough for me right there.  However, my car has a bluetooth built into it and it keeps my hands free and the speaker is in my car.

So, the Garmin is sliding all around and falling on the floor more than once because I didn't have the 'hook'; the cell phone is on my seat and I'm trying to listen and deal with the contractors at my house; my daughter about her schedule; the car service center; a realtor in FL.  Before I knew it, I found myself stopping at a green light.  THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN DRIVING.

Also, we have EZ pass (sunpass); an electronic device on our windshield of the car so that we can drive right through the tolls and be billed.  The rental car had no EZ pass.   Can you imagine that I had to stop at the toll, get a ticket and stop at the toll and pay the fee.  Oh my my my my my.!

I remember when my parents had a hard time figuring out and/or wanting to deal with answering machines and then cell phones.  Then, I thought they were the neatest inventions ever. Remember when microwaves came out?  What, no heat - impossible (not).   I wonder what our kids are going to have to learn/accept when they are my age.

Yes, anything we want to know can be found on the internet.  We can contact each other in so many different forms and from almost anywhere we find ourselves and immediately.  The world no longer sleeps.

There is good and not so good to all of this, I believe.  I guess it's us, as individuals and groups, to discriminate and use it appropriately and in good health and with safety measures.

I'm ready for the invention of delicious pieces of chocolate that come in a box and with each chocolate we can either lose weight, gain weight, gain energy, build muscle, grow eyelashes, get rid of wrinkles; you get the idea.. The chocolate of our choice, so to speak.

Talk about advancements.  Talk about constant "On". 

Something to think about, or at the very least, Use.

May you use technology in a way that empowers your life and not in a way that is added stress.  Put it down when you want some 'me' time.  We can't plug ourselves into outlets to recharge.....YET.



           My 'old' (2 years) cell phone.... and my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment