Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, January 8, 2011

Simply Waking Up to A Snowy Morning

Another snowy morning here in NE Pennsylvania, USA.  It's beautiful to watch the ever so fine flakes coming down aplentiful; everything they touch turns white.  It really can be considered a scientific miracle.  Ha.

My fingers are swollen and I have 4 sores on them.  The sores are much worse than a paper cut.  I learned a long time ago that we don't realize how much we use our hands until we have a paper cut or a sore on a finger (or 4). 

I fed the dogs their chicken with their dry food.  Yes, I cook chicken for them, always.  They never go a day without a couple pieces.  I fed the saltwater fish their frozen brine shrimp (180 gal tank).  I put three frozen pieces right in - I think they think it's like tearing apart their prey.  The big fish love it and fight over it.  Then I put two more pieces in melted in water and it goes in the water (like snow) and all the fish are swimming around enjoying their breakfast.  I have an octopus looking starfish who just had three little babies.  AND, an anemone just separated or had a baby of her own.  I never saw or knew this could happen.  However, I had one big anemone and now I have two separate; one much smaller than the other!  Oh nature - how beautiful, powerful and uncontrolling/surprising it can be. 

Kali, my mouse-eating cat, just jumped up on my lap and she wants to lick my arms.  However, when I think of what she does eat -- EEEW Gross. I can't resist petting her and she is purring and loving it.  When I stop, she nudges me on my arm to continue.

Little Bear and Gia (pekingnese and maltese, respectively) are laying on the floor side to side on a dog bed (the floor is heated) and Gia is just looking at me.  I can't see Little Bears eyes because she is black, but it looks like she is chillin and out.  Behind me to my left is a couch and Tiffany (yorkshire terrier) is curled up in a 4 pound ball that she is and has her nose tucked under a bit just looking at things.  Durby (my Australian Shepherd) is outback doing his morning thing and hanging in the snowy cold.  He loves the cold (opposite of me, God bless him).  First thing they all do in the morning is run out the door to chase the squirrels away from the bird feeder and to see who can get their first.  It's a race to the finish each and everytime.  Durby boy just came in and he is now laying to my right on the other side of a half wall just being with me.  I'm so lucky to have them.  They bring me great joy!

I have another cat, Krystal.  She's more a house cat, a Himalyan, beautiful white, fluffy hair with blue eyes.  She hasn't come out to say hello yet.  She, too, jumps up on my lap when I'm at the computer and lays with me.  I love her quiet, peaceful energy.

As I'm sitting here, I can hear the birds downstairs, in their bird room chirping waiting for me to go down and feed them and put their music on.  Sometimes I spray them with water, 3 of them like it, 1 hides from it.  I have 2 parakeets, (one given to me that was found outside flying around by a neighbor) and 1 lovedbird that I've had for 17 years and 1 cockatiel.  Names are Sky, Cotton Candy, Chippers and Sunshine.  Chippers (17) sits on my hand and says hello every morning. 

Next, I feed the fantail goldfish tank (50 gal) and the four of them come up as I swirl the flake food around so it sinks down into the water.  Yes, I only have 4 in there.  That just happened.  Perhaps, when I get back from Florida, I'll give them some more 'friends'. 

I also have goldfish, koi, shabumkins (fish) outback.  However, during the cold winter months they hibernate and they do not eat and just hang out at the frozen bottom of the ponds.  When I first learned this, I was amazed.  However, it's been 10 years and they 'awake' in the thaw of the spring and are fine and swim and jump and eat until winter comes again.  We only have to put an air bubbler in to allow oxygen aplentiful during the winter when the waterfalls have to be turned off because of freezing water in the system.

Pretty much that's my morning ritual.  Now, I'll go feed their 'mama', me,and get dressed and ready for my day.

I hope you enjoy your simple moments in life today and appreciate and feel how lucky you are.  Enjoy your 'good' today, just living U.




No comments:

Post a Comment