Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Porcupine, "No, I mean Raccoon"

While getting bodywork today, I mentioned the porcupine, but I immediately said, no, I mean the raccoon.

So, Ted Andrews book, Animal Speak, once again....If porcupine has showed up in your life, take a look at your life.  (I've been doing this almost constantly lately.)  "Are you allowing other people's opinions to prevent you from exploring activities that could otherwise be fun and enjoyable?  Are you overly sensitive to the barbs of others?  Are your barbs inappropriate or taking the joy from others?  Are you still allowing the barbs from long ago to aggravate you and sting you?  Sometimes it is necessary to remove the old barbs, no matter how painful, so they do not fester and poison the system."

"Porcupines can show you how to enjoy life and maintain a sense of wonder about it, in spite of negative conditions.  They can teach you how to protect the inner child from all of life's barbs and can show you the strength in your vulnerability."

During this 'massage', the masseuse is telling me how courageous I am and that she admires me (oh, I'm liking this).  I'm saying I don't feel courageous.  She says just how you move and accept and feel what is happening on the table.  I say "do you want to see courageous".  I push my body into her hands and I start sobbing like a scared, hurt child from the pain and emotion stored there.  "I'll show you courageous", I say.  Afterwards, we laughed, a lot.  It was an experience to say the least.  (I want to share that I have worked with this wonderful lady many, many, many hours for many, many years.)  This kind of trust was achieved by work on both our parts.  I asked her later if she was wondering how long she would push back, she shook her head  Oh YES. 

What 'fun', right?   OH MY.
...

Racoon, it can't possibly be as suitable!....

Raccoon is one of the most adaptable animals.  The paws are very dexterous.  Raccoons can be expert at opening lids, latches, doorknobs and such.  (everything I'm not good at)  They love to explore.  The most striking feature is the mask that it wears.  Concealed behind a mask, people could become something or someone else.  They are tools for transformation.  The hidden aspect, the secrecy, helps promote the transformation.  It helps us to change what we are to what we want to be.  It can teach you how to wear a healing mask or show you the face you shall become.  The raccoon holds the knowledge of how to change our faces.

This is very exciting to me because I relate almost completely. 

Have you seen any porcupines and/or raccoons lately?  Like you have time to look for animals these days?  ha. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment