Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just an (Eating) Thought

Tis the season and there is food everywhere (what fun.!?).  However, I can lose myself in food at times and one thing that has helped me in the past is saying to myself and asking myself - If I eat this, will I feel better or worse?  If I say better and truly mean it - then I eat it.  If my answer is worse - I don't eat it.  I know if i want it later or days later, most likely I can find it and eat it then.

Food is not going away for most of us  (I sure hope so anyway).  Food will always be here.  We can always find food to eat.  We don't have to eat it like we will never again have the opportunity.

So, when the buffet is sitting in front of us, perhaps ask yourself if you eat it, will it make you feel happier/more content.  If yes - go ahead and savor every bite.  But, if you are not sure or know you'll feel worse or less content with yourself - don't eat it in that moment.  Leave it.  Feel the happiness and pride you feel by not eating what you truly don't need or really even want that much.  Perhaps, we just eat because it's available. 

Can we make it more about being us and noticing how we are feeling.  Play the game of changing things up.  Do it differently.

I also believe that wine spritzers are one of the lowest calorie drinks if that is something you think you may like.

Love yourself first and foremost.  If you choose loving yourself one time over an old unhealthy habit, my hat is off to you.

Can we make it a game of choosing what brings us happiness instead of what brings us shame, guilt, hatred towards ourselves these next few weeks where food and drink are concerned.

Do you have one goal in these matters or a couple of goals.  If you lose your way, can you remind yourself of this/these goal(s) that you are in control of?  Take one day, one week or the whole season. You are the ruler of this game.  Rock and rule!  (again, middle of the night - forgive me - ha!)  (get it - rock and roll --rock and rule - oh brother)

Goals can change whenever we want them to.  They are your goals made up by you for your happiness.

Again, you are so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment