Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can we Talk (Christmas) Balls?

I'm definitely not sure (what?-definitely not sure?) if I want to talk about the balls.  If I want to be this true.

deep breath

Just got done hanging the balls on the tree.  Did take me some time.  I am exhausted and feeling dumb and frustrated.

Just to open the boxes, the way they 'cling' together is a chore.  Then to get the balls out of the box.  They fit snugly so if I pull by the hook, sometimes the top pulls off.  To get the top back on with the way the two prongs have to be squeezed into the hole is very hard for my fingers.  The hook gets stuck holding on to the box and makes the ball harder to get out.  I put my finger underneath the ball to push it up and out.  To grab the ball around it's circumference and gently lift the ball out of the box isn't happening for me.  A 'thorn' of a tree branch went right into one of my ulcers on my fingers.  Ouch.

Not only was screaming and stomping happening; crying came this time as well.  My one big dog, poor thing, went out back.

Now, most of the time, I had Christmas music on, my dogs lying around the tree and peace was in the air.

And, it was in a few instances, all of the other stuff happened.  It was like a out of control roller coaster.  Just to put balls on the Christmas tree; my goodness.  (I think I forgot about accepting what is during this time.)

I told myself I was doing this because I enjoyed it.  I asked myself why we do all this work.  I wanted to call someone and ask them to tell me again why we do all this work for one day?

I know it's about the season.  I know I find it beautiful and somewhat enchanting.  I know I love sitting in the dark with Christmas lights on. I know it's about Jesus' birth.  I know it's about love and giving and receiving.

I know I feel blessed when I see my family smiling.

This is why I do it.  I hope that next year will be easier for my fingers.  If not, I hope I can give myself more of a break and not feel guilty if I don't do it all at once or in a timely manner or even at all.  Stop when I hurt and come back to it later, when I'm calmer; renewed.

Do I love that the tree is up - you betcha.  Do I wish I'd been easier on myself - you betcha.

Out.

Are you giving yourself the time you need to enjoy this season?  If so, good for you; that's what it's all about.  If not, what do you need to do to find enjoyment? 

                                                  New York City, NY's Christmas Tree 2009.

Hey, good thing I didn't have to put balls on that tree.  I never would have made it!  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment