Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, October 21, 2013

Purpose

"Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it.  If we were born to paint, it's our job to become a painter.  If we were born to raise and nurture children, it's our job to become a mother.  If we were born to overthrow the order of ignorance and injustice of the world, it's our job to realize it and get down to business."  From the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. 

I am believing and realizing more and more that I don't think I want to be who I am.  I am uncomfortable with who I am.  Mostly, because I tell myself that who I am is so different.  I tell myself I am too soft, too sensitive, too needy.  I tell myself that my life story is very unique and many, most likely, will not be able to understand me.  I don't want to be called a wuss.  lol

I'm also realizing that when I resist telling my truth and/or living my truth, I feel overwhelmed with confusion.  I feel distraught.  I feel totally unsettled.  And, there is only one thing to do.  Tell my story as I know it to be.  Here, in the recess of a unadvertised blog, a quiet blog; a one woman blog... I have found shelter to share my truth.  I have learned to feel safe here; to throw caution to the wind.  Many who I have shared it with are extremely supportive even when they are unable to relate to or understand it fully. 

I have been asked to tell my 'member' story for the IDEA Fitness Journal.  They have no idea I haven't worked professionally in 19 years.  I think they may have liked one of my answers on their Facebook page and it may have caught their eye.  Yet, with the questions they are asking me to answer... I am highly certain that my answers will be way out in left field (what?!  another baseball analogy!).  Can the world handle me... Can I handle the world.   Great fear arises and hiding is a very comfortable option!  lol   And, I can't wait to see what I do with this...! 

May you connect to who you already are (the truth of who you are) and live it easily and lovingly.  Perhaps, we best honor the Universe, our Creator and ourselves in doing so.  Yippee and Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment