Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, October 21, 2013

Motherhood

"HERE'S THE THING about motherhood.  It exhausts you and thrills you.  It kicks you in the butt, and the very next second makes you feel like a superstar.  Most of all, it teaches you to be selfless.  Let me rephrase that.  It doesn't really teach you this.  It creates a new selflessness within you, which grabs hold of your heart when you first take your child into your arms.  In that profound moment of extraordinary love and discovery, your own needs and desires become secondary.  Nothing is as important as the well-being of your beautiful child.  You would sacrifice anything for her.  Even your own life.  You would do it in a heartbeat.  God wouldn't need to ask twice."

From the book "The Color of Heaven" by Julianne MacLean

It is extremely interesting to me that these past few posts have played out this way.  Children was not a subject I went in search of, although I feel it is most important.  The books I chose to read were pretty much random.  Author Daniel Gottlieb happens to be a psychologist I saw once upon a time for help with the scleroderma disease and my communication of same with loved ones.  He is a family therapist; a brilliant man that is paralyzed from the chest down from a  terrible automobile accident early on in his career.  He has continued on to help many and do many amazing things.  Sam is, apparently, his wonderful grandson.  Dr. Gottlieb is the doctor who gave me the analogy of scleroderma and living with a terrorist.  One never knows when 'they would strike'.  A truly brilliant human.

May you trust your instinct, follow through, stay aware and love on...  One never knows what brilliant things will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment