Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, May 20, 2013

(Open to See Messages) Adventure

I went out this morning for a ride; an adventure.  My cranial sacral massage that I had scheduled was cancelled and I had time to spend and I was up and ready to head out; so out I went.  I had plans to go to a Florida department store to exchange new dog walking shorts (ha) that I had ordered online through Amazon because they were not the correct fit.  The paperwork said that I could exchange them at the store itself.  So, off to exchange I went.  And; to feel and learn more about what was going on in my body that was bringing me much discomfort.  My goal was to connect to something greater than myself for any kind of answer that would possibly be forthcoming and easy to reach.

Two nights ago, I made up a new playlist, in the spur of the moment, labeled 'car drive' and, today, I brought it with me and headed out into a rainy, stormy day.

And, my adventure began...

First song that came on was "I Want a New Drug" by Huey Lewis.  I've been questioning the medicine that I am on.

The next song was "Give it to Me Baby" by Rick James.  I was laughing singing for the Universe to give me something to help me out!  lol  "give it to me" 

Next, was "She's a Bad Mama Jama" by Carl Carlton and by this time I thought I was a bad mama jama and I was dancing and singing loud because I just had to laugh that these songs came on in this order and I had it on 'shuffle'.  Of course, I did put these songs on the playlist.  I'm not that 'hooked up'!  LOL more.

The next song was (bear with me, I'm not going to tell you all the songs, just these first few because it rocked my world!) "Get Up Offa That Thing" by James Brown which says "try to release that pressure" and pressure was one of the main things I was looking to get rid of!

So, by the time this song was over, I was out loud praising the Lord with my arm reaching up because I felt my entire connection to the Universe!  and right in the midst of me doing this... "Double Dutch Bus" by Frankie Smith comes on and says 'give me a ho'....   I'm so cracking up and having fun.

Yes, I am realizing the only thing that really changed was my mindset.

Oh, and not only did the massage people cancel on me, but the people that help me keep my home clean cancelled today also. 

So, I get to the store and this particular store did not have the shorts that I wanted to exchange.  They suggested the store 20 more minutes north would have them.  As I am there getting directions, I look over and there is a card staring at me that says "She Who Never Gives Up".  Yes, I purchased it. 

So, back in the car I go.  Teeming rain and I'm dancing and singing to the music.  I also noticed - even after hearing these songs for so long and so many times - the background musical notes played by the instruments were very pronounced and many were new to me.  Just another Mmmm.   I imagined these notes going through me and connecting to the part of me that they wanted to connect to.  I stretched my jaw, jerked my neck and moved with them.  (hopefully this is as weird as it gets!)

I find the northern store and as I'm walking towards it, I realize that it is called Bealls and what I see is Be all.  I'm cracking myself up!  By now this was a longer journey than I expected for just extremely casual and comfortable shorts.  It was interesting, I felt good getting further away from home to just get away to something different. 

Anyhoo, I did my exchange and I had lunch of a wrap and a smoothie and I drove and danced more but with less vigor.  I went to the grocery store and I got home.  When I picked my phone up after putting the food away, it was dead.  Not, dead as in not charged, but dead as in nothing happening no matter what.  May I offer that this was another cancellation on me this same day.  Hoot!

My daughter gave me a trick or two to try and it did come back on after about an hour.  And, I was happy!  I did not want to have to go to get another phone.

So, if there is a moral to this story... I have to say what kept coming up for me was to accept it all.  Accept the real fun with the stuff that doesn't feel so fun.  It really is all not good and all not bad.  Perhaps, its nothing.  It is just what it is.  Society has showed me things which made me feel that some things were good and some were not.   Yet, it's all just a part of life and living.  It's all a part of this journey here.  If I didn't label it and just lived it... well, how do you think this would feel on you?   As certain feelings come up; they are what they are.  Crying is no different than laughing.  Yes, it feels different and the majority of us do both.  It is just the way it is.  It's supposed to be this way.

If some days I feel okay and other days, I do not.. It is the way it is supposed to be.   Sure, I can try to pick things and say things differently to create different outcomes and yet...  It is all a part of this human experience.  BE ALL.  If I want a new drug, I can do something about it.   If I need or want something I can get it or ask for it.  If I want to be a bad mama jama, I can be a bad mama jama; or not.  If I want to release pressure there are many ways of doing so.  If I want to thank the Lord and give him and our universe a shout out, I can shout out.   It's all a part of living.  Whatever I create, do, feel... I am supposed to create, do and feel.... or I wouldn't do it, yes?   It may not be the outcome I want or it may be better than I want.  And it all just is.

If I can be me through all that is, I'm doing pretty good. 

May you just be you... all of you... as often as possible.  Whew!

For those of you that have known me for a long time, I'm thinking you may relate the best because all these songs I loved once upon a time.... and today...  they had a whole new meaning for me!   How cool I find that!  There is, perhaps, a word for this.... foreshadow.   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment