Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Birthday Weekend

My 'guests'' plane landed at 12:24 am on April 27.  It was approximately 1.5 hours late.   I was driving to get them and I noticed on the car clock that it was 11:59 pm April 26.   I watched the clock turn to midnight and I sang out loud "Happy Birthday to Me" at the strike of midnight.   lol    I never did this before.  It was fun and funny to me.

We got back to the apartment by 1ish am and they went to sleep and I was so excited I did not fall asleep until 3 am.  My adrenaline had kicked in strong.

Saturday, my birthday, we went to the pool and arranged and confirmed plans for the BIG evening out.

We met at an Ocean Grille where they dock boats and have delicious meals.  We sat outside and the lighting, the ambience and the company was wonderful.  I had crab for an appetizer and bacon wrapped scallops for my meal.  The presentation and taste of both was impeccable.  Mmmmgood.

As I was sitting there - a special and lovely friend came around the corner holding a massive group of balloons.  This sight will forever be ingrained in my being.  Another lovely and special friend brought a beautiful chocolate cake from my favorite chocolate cake place and all sang Happy Birthday.  I had already written in a previous post that the largest (a huge one) balloon decided to fly off the string and we all watched it fly high into the sky; surprised.  I made a wish!  lol

I was relaxed and I sat back and took the joy and love in.  I was blessed.  And, my darling husband paid for the meal.  It was his way of being there.

I am grateful and blessed by all these wonderful people in my life that helped me to celebrate the birth of me.   Me Me Me  --   I could get used to this.   Yikes!

We then left the restaurant and headed to the dance club where we sat in the outside area and chatted (screamed, actually) over the music and laughed.  My beautiful sister did get me to dance because it was one thing I said I wanted to do.  So, we danced.   I DANCED on my birthday.  We left about 1 am. 

It was a wonderful evening.

The rest of the weekend we shopped, we did massages (another gift from my beautiful niece and sister), we went sightseeing and we spent quality time together.  They walked my dogs with me and we talked late into the night.

It was a great celebration.  One I will never forget and one I will be forever grateful for.

May you create a celebration of you or someone you love and cherish the magic forever.... no matter how small or how big --  the 'CHERISHED', perhaps, is what matters most.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment