Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, July 19, 2013

InPower Sisterhood

I've connected to this beautiful 'being' on Facebook and I woke up to this wonderful, inspiring, thought-provoking, caring, helpful, EXCITING, post.  I have to share it with you because I'm shaking with everything that I am. 

I have been telling myself - 'there is nowhere to hide' anymore.  The Universe needs all of us, together.

Thank you Janelle Saar.  You have rocked my world in a great way.  (I think - lol)
---------------
"This morning I woke up and asked the Universe to give me guidance on an article topic for today. I asked to receive a topic that was needed by our sisterhood, one that would resonate with our sisters here. I love how the Universe works. When I logged into the In Power Sisterhood page this morning I found a comment from one of our sisters, Lisa. Lisa and I have had a conversation about fear. Lisa’s last comment to me in our conversation was “If you ever post about this…I’d be interested in your thinking…I need help! Thank you.” As I read Lisa’s words I got chills throughout my whole body because I knew the Universe had answered my request and Lisa was the messenger.

My conversation with Lisa started with her making this comment: “When fear knocks on the door, may you open it and see that nothing is there. Just give yourself 8 seconds. After these 8 seconds, you will be without fear again. Bigger risk, bigger payoff. No such thing as a failure. Failure is always a great lesson. If it feels like failure; most likely, it’s not your path and there is a better path for you.”

I meet a lot of people who believe fear is a bad thing. For a long time I was one of them. I believed fear was bad because I had a negative association to fear. When I began processing my own fear I began to see fear differently.

Fear is triggered when your ego wants to keep you safe. Some define fear as False Evidence Appearing Real. The human mind is incredible. It remembers everything that has ever happened to you in life that wasn’t safe physically and emotionally. If you had a bad experience when you were 3, your mind has it filed away. When your ego sensed danger it goes into the files and pulls up every data point it can find in your life to remind you of the danger so it can keep you safe. This associates fear to all the bad things that have happened in life. Now you have a negative connection between fear and bad things happening and your ego will use it every time you face fear.

One way to deal with fear is to disassociate from the negative part of fear. You can teach yourself that when your ego triggers fear, you are not going to hold onto the negative emotions of it. This is what Lisa suggests in her comment above. She says “when fear knocks on the door, may you open it and see that nothing is there.”
There is another way to deal with fear that many people overlook. That is to turn your fear into the adrenaline of life. I have a friend, Dave, who has done thousands of parachute jumps. Every time he stands in the doorway of the airplane ready to jump he faces fear. He doesn’t choose to disassociate to that fear, instead he embraces it with every ounce of his being. In that moment when his ego triggers fear telling him he’s in danger and he could die, he turns it into adrenaline. He takes what the ego is triggering as fear and he makes it the adrenaline of life. When his ego says we are not safe and we might die, Dave turns that into feeling like he has never been more alive. Dave is an adrenaline junkie. In situations where most people feel fear, Dave feels alive and vibrant.

What’s the difference between Dave’s fear and Lisa’s fear? The meaning they tie to their fear and the choice they make in how to handle the fear! What meaning do you assign to the fear you feel? When you are faced with a big decision and your ego wants to keep you safe, you get to choose what that means and how you want the fear to work for you. Here are your choices: You can believe your ego and retreat to a safe place where you play small in your comfort zone. You can disassociate from the negative aspects of fear, know its false evidence and push on. Or you can fully connect with the fear and turn it into adrenaline that makes you feel more alive than you have ever been!

How do you handle fear? Are you aware of the choices you are making when attaching meaning to your fear? Be a part of our sisterhood by sharing your comments. We all grow and learn when you share!"  InPower Sisterhood
----------

Well,  my first comment is... Dave is nutz.  (lol) too funny  and Thank you Dave for sharing with Janelle your insight on fear.  Janelle, thank you for hearing me, caring and connecting on this. 

Huge for me.   My body is still vibrating as my mind processes this new and powerfully helpful information. 

Look out fear.  I'm coming with you! 

May you choose to allow fear to be your friend, your guide, your enabler when it pops into your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment