Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, July 11, 2013

Huge Realization

I've known for a long time that (as a child) I often didn't know the mood or disposition I would find my mother in when I walked into my home (after my dad deserted us) and the huge affect it had on me.  This, apparently was built into my habitual memory.   The uncertainty and the fear of negativity has stayed with my common approach to most of my social relationships.  I have always found myself on edge waiting for someone to get angry because of the way I acted or of something I have said.  As an adult, I know that my mother's reaction was not because of me at all.  It was her own 'stuff'.  However, most children tend to believe people's reactions/actions are because of them.  A child's brain is not developed enough to realize they have nothing to do with how people act.  It took me many years to know that other people's reactions/actions are all about them.  I am still learning that I do not have this kind of power.  Hmm

I know with almost certainty that only three times have I ever had someone say something uncomfortable or throw their anger at me while living here at this home in Pennsylvania, USA.  And, those three times stayed strongly and firmly in my brain as to scare me to not want to connect with the few neighbors close by.  Living in fear of someone blowing up at me paralyzes me and I now choose to no longer live this way.  I now have this realization and I know most people, most of the time, come from love and kindness.  When they come from anger or hurt, it's because it is all they know at that moment.  Ouch and Whew, What a relief to think this new way.  It gives me a freedom that only I took away from myself.  Another ouch and whew. 

Wow, this is huge for me.  I now tell myself (from the deepest part of who I am)  to expect that people come from love first and not to expect or even concern myself with a wrath of negativity.  I stand firmly and strongly in my truth that no matter what gets thrown (to me or at me) that I know how to better deal with it.  I will continue to be loving and see under the anger as much as I am able.  Anger is no longer scary to me.  ANGER IS NO LONGER SCARY TO ME.  Let this be true in every cell/fiber of my being.  Anger is a person's way of, perhaps, not feeling the hurt and fear themselves.  BIG!

May you know anger to be only an expression of hurt/fear.  May you not allow another's anger to affect you; especially in the moment of heat.

                                                 Picture from Robyn Nola

No comments:

Post a Comment