Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, July 29, 2011

What a Ride

I was feeling a bit funky and looking a bit funky and I decided to try an experiment.  I went to the grocery store with rag clothes and no make up.  No foundation, hair pulled back sloppily; the authentic me. 

I did not want to.  I was scared.  I knew this was a time to PUSH.

So, off I go wondering if I was brilliant or nuts.  I did not feel like there was a possibility of being in any gray area here.  Mmmm.

Anyhoo, I'M ALIVE!  I made it.  I did it!!

I'd like to share my experience and I was very glad that I didn't run into y-o-u.  Ha.

The two stores I went to were easy as pie.  No problem.  Grungy, limping along me.  I smiled and accomplished what I wanted to. 

My payoff was on the road driving home.  I had my windows down and my music loud.  On the way to the store - the song came on:
Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times, in bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
Oh, that's what friends are for
(Dionne Warwick)

I thought - interesting.   I did think about turning around; I did not.

On the way home, I just drove some.  It was a beautiful day and it felt nice to be out.

The next song I heard was "I Don't Know How to Love Him" by Yvonne Elliman and this created quite a stir in me that I sang on the top of my lungs and I cried with tears and felt with everything that I am.

"I've been changed, yes really changed
In these past few days
When I've seen myself
I seem like someone else"

"I don't know how to take this"

"Should I scream and shout
Should I speak of love
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this
What's it all about?"

"Don't you think it's rather funny
I should be in this position?
I'm the one
Who's always been
So calm so cool
No lover's fool
Running every show
He scares me so"

"I never thought I'd come to this
What's it all about?"

Below is a link to, what I believe is, a wondrous song. (1st time I ever embedded a link, oh I'm growing up!)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/18GTVeXNWfg?rel=0

So, now I am thinking when I take a chance on me, myself and I - a big fat chance; and walk through my great discomfort, I am rewarded.

Is it time for you to take a great big fat chance on yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment