Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Not Alone

I realize I have really special people in my life and around me and the spirit of them always available.  I know these people want me to heal and be happy and find my way.  I FEEL their support, love and encouragement.

I am still doing one brave thing and one fun thing a day.  The brave thing seems easier to me still.  I'll be glad when the fun thing is easy too.

Two days ago I ran up the driveway (looong driveway) in the rain.  What fun!  I've danced a little belly dance; I've ran after my dogs; I've gone out to lunch on a whim; I've driven with the windows down and the music blasting; I've done some free weights; and I've gone to a play.

With everyday life and responsibility, I find the brave things just come.  Going to do an errand I've been putting off; walking the dog when I know I will have to pull multiple ticks off him; talking to someone about something I've been putting off; accomplishing a task that is not a favorite of mine.  I also went to the doctor for a cancer scan.  When I go to the dentist, this will be a big, brave accomplishment!  With my tiny mouth because of my tight skin, the dentist chair is not a place I strive to be.  I actually dread it.  My legs have been up in the air and tears running down my face.  Not from the pain inside of my mouth; but from the pulling on my cheeks to get inside.  Ugh.  (enough of that)

All simple things, but for me, brave and/or fun none-the-less.  Just going to the grocery store, which has always been a least favorite of mine, is now a bit harder because of my inability to pick things up with one hand easily or at all. 

I am noticing the tasks in and outside of the house can be harder or impossible because of my hands.  Opening a jar, opening a water bottle, pulling the hose, holding a glass - the most simple basic things... Not so simple.

AND, I know it could be worse.  I believe we all live with something we'd rather not live with.  This is mine; for now.  I know I am not alone.  This gives me strength, peace, support and a gratitude so deep ALMOST nothing else matters.

Thank you wonderful people for your support, encouragement, love, and smiles.  Thank you for sharing your life, no matter how small, with me.  And, the people who share their whole selves with me, WOW.  Thank you.  How lucky I am.

May you not be alone when you want people around you today.  You have the power to make this happen, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment