Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, July 1, 2011

Pituitary and Pineal

I've also been talking about the pituitary and pineal glands in my body. 

The Pineal Gland is a pea sized, pine cone shaped gland (I picture it to appear like intertwined DNA) close to the center of the brain that helps the body with it's rhythm, sleep and awake modes and produces melotonin which can change (and work with) the color of the skin and has also been considered the Third Eye.  The Third Eye is known to help us with spiritual insight or enlightenment. 

The Pituitary Gland is attached by a stalk to the base of the brain.  It can be known as the master gland and works with the others (including adrenals, thyroid).  It secretes many hormones and influences growth, metabolism, maturity, reproduction and can contract smooth muscle (which is present in our waist or visceral part of our body, alot of it around our organs and digestion system).   It basically helps to regulate the body's essential functioning.  It is somewhat cherry shaped.

I find this fascinating because I'm so in reach of my connection to my own spirituality and true life force.  I feel my rhythm somewhat not in sync and my skin around my fingers and on my face needs help to regulate and reproduce healthier, more nourished skin.   

When I was pregnant and had alot of progesterone in my body (all women do when pregnant), I did not have any known scleroderma symptoms.  I believe that my digestion and my body could use better regulation. 

I believe that these two glands, having so much tightness and tension in them, have not worked to their full capacities in my body.  I feel that with all the work I am doing; I am waking up some parts of my body that have been dormant for a very long time.  I feel that my chemistry is changing and my body is finding a place of health and not a place of dis-ease. 

I am hopeful... yet again.

The body fascinates me.  Look at all it can do and we do not even have to be aware of any of it...

Fascinating, I say!

May you find fascination today and treat your body with love, tenderness and good fuel and movement. 

* this is my take on these two glands and not meant to evaluate or claim to be true for others

No comments:

Post a Comment