Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Relationship

"To avoid being hurt, we cultivate assumptions along the way and fail to question them.  Assumptions can cause grief because, in our attempt to avoid getting hurt, we may actually create even more misery.  We don't stop the hurt or fear with our assumptions.  All we do is trade one anxiety for another and we fail to realize that in a relationship each partner faces his or her own set of problems and challenges.  In an attempt to protect ourselves, we build a wall that inevitably pushes away those we love."

"As I grew older and learned more about myself and others, I had to unravel them to see how each was a lie, and posed a threat to my happiness and well-being:

- My partner should understand me well enough to know what to do and say.

- When others hurt me, it is intentional.

- Whenever I'm hurting, someone or something else is responsible.

- My partner doesn't understand me because he or she doesn't care enough.

- Relationships should be effortless.

- Love is a game; all is fair and I can take what I need.

- My partner should accommodate me before I accommodate them.

- If my partner isn't willing to give to me, why should I give to them?

- My partner has no right to hurt me, or say anything that hurts me.

- Treat them mean to keep them keen.

- Always have the upper hand.

- If my partner is ever deemed to be right, that means I am deemed to be wrong.

- Relationships are complicated and will only lead to me getting hurt."

From the book "From Hurt to Happiness" by Mike Van

May you be aware of what thoughts in your head may be hurting you.


No comments:

Post a Comment