Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, September 25, 2011

Truth Isn't Created, It is Lived

This is from a book called "Lit from Within" by Victoria Moran.  I find it a brilliant story to know as we move forward living our truth.
"I was five years old when I told my first lie.  I came home from kindergarten and Dede, the woman who looked after me, asked what my class had done that day.  The same old 'coloring, songs, and snack' sounded so mundane.  Then I remembered that the fourth and fifth graders got to go once a week to a stable for riding lessons, and I blurted out, "We rode horses."  I instantly felt that I'd just been expelled from Eden with Adam and Eve.  With those three words, I left innocence behind me and I knew it.  Sitting at the kitchen table with two sandwich cookies and a glass of milk, I had the strange sense that my childhood had just ended.  Subsequent lies didn't have nearly the effect of that first one, and I grew into depending and self-deluding rationalizations to make me feel more important, get me out of what I didn't want to do, or save face.  In retrospect, they never saved anything, but they did become so natural that when a spiritual director told me, "dont' lie, period, ever, for any reason," I was amazed by his fervor on the subject.  "GOD IS TRUTH" he told me "and the only way you can get to God is through the truth.  If you don't want to do that, stop wasting my time."  "
"His truthfulness formula was (1) to clear up any damage done by past untruths as best I could; (2) to commit to speaking the truth and admit it immediately when I missed the mark, which he assured me I would; and (3) to accept the truth - about myself, my past my present, and my circumstances.  I tried, failing every bit as often as he'd said I would.  But after a while, my life felt cleaner, lighter.  It wasn't quite like returning to the golden time before the horse-back riding tale, but I knew that if I stayed firm in my resolve, it would bring me as close to that as I could get.  Truthfulness is pretty simple; it's not fictionalizing reality.  It's also being open to a higher degree of truth that what may be visible in the moment."
"Truthfulness should never be used as an excuse to hurt another person; it also does not require telling anyone anything that is none of their business.  What honesty does ask is that we speak truthfully when we choose to speak; that we temper our words with all the kindness we can muster; and that we look at reality straight on, accept what we've got, and build from."
Thank you Victoria Moran.   I say "HAPPY BUILDING"!

Are you building your life on the truth of who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment