Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thunderstorm

I wake up to thunder this morning.  A good thunderstorm is always enjoyable to me.  And, as I say this, because of so much 'bad' weather in the world, they are different to me then they used to be.  I still enjoy them and I feel like I want to put a clause in there like 'when I stay safe or they don't affect me'. 

I see and feel so many changes and 'harshness' (at times) in the world.  I have this deep rooted belief that it is time for all of us to give up what we know that is no longer beneficial and be who we really are and stop the racing and struggle to be who we are not because of the mere thought of 'getting ahead' in our life.

I see families (including mine) rushing to win; do more; be better; make money.  Yet, when we are on our deathbeds, the only thing that matters is the relationships we have and have had.  I volunteered for hospice for several years and it was nice knowing the story of a person's life; interesting and fascinating even.  However, the concentration of most conversations were about the days of family gatherings, picnics with friends, laughter about sharing stories, spending time with each other.  The way this person made people feel.  This is what we can take with us and have with us always.

We cannot take trophies, money, or even our favorite things with us when we die.  We take our cherished memories, or so it seems.

I'm not saying that winning, money and things we love are negative things; quite the contrary.  However, if we are pushing too hard; not living what feels right inside; or hurting ourselves and others; I'm questioning if this is the road that is best to be on.

I get caught up in we need money to pay bills and live.  It feels really good to work hard and see and feel a happy, successful outcome.  I do enjoy surrounding myself with things I love.  However, staying in my own head (and by this I mean not comparing myself to others to see what I need to be doing or worrying that they may have more or know better), following my own happy, giving and allowing myself what feels true for me... and allowing and helping others to do best for them.  This, I believe, is where we all would do best to be.

Something the Universe may just be pushing us all to do.  I feel this would be a really GOOD thing.  If you stayed happy or sad because of what you know in each moment and I stayed happy or sad because of what I know.  We can share what each other feel. We can have compassion, empathy, enjoyment and sorrow.   I think it's best if we don't try to be what the other person is feeling also.  (just because someone is angry, I don't want to give up my happy OR just because someone is happy doesn't mean it's wrong for me to feel something else)

When I encounter people that I don't relate easily to or understand what they are feeling because I have not had their experiences;  if I can allow them to be them and stay in my own knowing and love myself enough to allow them to be them; does this allow and/or give me more freedom to be me in this world.  Can I stay more concerned about what I can do, feel and know instead of trying to change others or even judging others.

Can I know that what I feel and believe is the right answer for me and not use someone else's answer for myself.

Is this the best way to survive a storm? 

Where do I come up with these things?  Ha.

May you be following YOU every step of your journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment