Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I think many men get a bum rap.  I know I've learned to be sometimes critical of men and how different they are from women.  Alot are built and raised in a different fashion then women. 

Women and Men are certainly different!  I think it's supposed to be this way.  God's humor. 

Many boys were raised to be strong, tough, adventurous, show no emotions, get the job done and some were raised to even be self centered in hope of making them to be the best man they can be.   Most were raised to be the breadwinner, the caretaker, the ox behind the family dynamic.

Many men are very good at this; what they were taught.  Now, things are being changed up and we want them to be more emotional, more sharing and less in their 'cave'.  Some of us want them to cry or show emotion to prove they are human! 

I want my man to hold me up when I need it, love me, share his life and thoughts and be there for our child.  I want him to be strong and I want him to be truthful about his weaknesses.  I want to try to understand him and give him the benefit of the doubt when I do not.  I want him to smile.

If you have a great father in your man, there is no love like it.  If he can love your children, guide your children, play with your children and teach your children, you have a great man. 

Maybe some of us women can ask for what we want and need and not expect our men to know just because they love us. 

I know I was talking one day about 'he is supposed to be there for me'.  When asked what does that mean exactly, I found it wasn't completely easy to express exactly what I wanted him to do.  Well, I realized (not easiest thing to accept) that if I didn't know exactly what I wanted from him, how did I expect him to know!

So, let's give our men the love we want from them.  Let's treat them the way we want to be treated.  Let's support them the way we want to be supported.  Let's tell them exactly what we want and exactly how we feel before we lose our cool.  Let's show them how we want to be treated by treating them in this manner.

Men are good people.  Men are exciting, strong and loving.  Men are the fathers to our children.

Hooray for Men. 

I want to choose to not be mad at them for not doing something that I didn't even give them a true chance to do.  I know my man loves me.  I know he lives his life in want of protecting me and giving me everything possible. 

I know my man is a great father.  I salute him.

May you choose to let your man know how special in your heart he is.  What he has given you in the past; who he challenges you to be; and how he is there for you in your true time of need. 

May we thank them for all the fun they have added to our lives.

May we salute our men today and truly share with them extra love on this chosen day - Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the men that are there for our children.  THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment