Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, February 28, 2014

Weather or Whether

I wake up this morning to a much cooler morning.  I wonder if this is what had me aching yesterday.  There has been an abrupt change in weather and it is cooler and rain is threatening. 

I like the rain.  The coolness I have not learned, yet, how to embrace it quite as easily.  I feel weary and tired of feeling weary and tired when the weather affects me so.

I must believe that this is my 'ride'.  I must believe that where I am is where I'm supposed to be.  I believe that acceptance of these beliefs will allow the most inner peace possible. 

I had been resisting who I am for most of my life.  I had created a persona to take out in the world with me.  I became brilliant at ignoring my inner voice and living outside of my own inner feelings and voices.  I learned to disregard my innate knowing and create whatever I wanted to fit in well and easily with every situation and moment.  Perhaps, unconsciously, I had become what I thought the situation called for me to become. 

I now know this was always the elephant that I carried with me and resisted life instead breathing in life.   When I exercise or was at the beach are/were my happiest of days.  This is what connected me to me. 

I do remember, however, walking/jogging the beach many times in my youth and looking at the horizon thinking and believing that the emptiness and answers I was searching for was 'out there'.   At that time, I had no conscious inclination that everything I need for fulfillment of self is within me.  It needs to be connected 'out there'.  However, if I do not hear, listen, respond, live and share what is within me, I cannot truly connect myself to anything or anyone.

I first have to be connected to me.  Own me.   Love me.   This is where and what inner peace is to me.

The time has come to live you fully.  The time has come to connect to your own inner voice, feelings, beliefs, dreams, desires, and idiosyncrasies and live your life through these - through you.

I believe I know my truth.  I believe we all do.   For me, it's being brave enough to unlearn not to be me after learning otherwise and to learn to be me.  Just be me.

May you unlearn not to be you after, perhaps, learning otherwise; and learn to be you.  Just be you.

                                              Photo from Iyanla VanZant, Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment