Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sleep

Sleep is very important to the human body and mind.  Without sleep, I get sluggish, irritable, moody, and tired.  Some studies show where weight gain happens if we do not sleep enough because we eat to combat fatigue. 

Many of us get 5 hour wake up drinks, drink coffee, sodas, drugs - whatever it takes to stay awake.  Why, then, do we not just sleep when we feel tired and can.  If we decided to do this as a society and supported each other in same, perhaps, we would all be more restful.

This comes up for me because I did not fall asleep until 1 am last night.  This is late for me.  I woke up a 6 am.  This is early for me.  I have a bit of a brain fog and I'm overtired where I can't relax or rest.

I know this process that I am 'buying into' to purchase this house that I fell for is what kept me up last night.  I have a plumber coming today to be certain on how the plumbing works or doesn't work in this house. 

Never say never.   And, I am choosing to take this route.  Something in me is driving me to take this route, yet, I am the one moving my legs and speaking instruction on how to carry on and through.   I'm uncertain what happens after today.  I truly have one or two ideas and I truly do not know anything for certain. 

Faith, trust and will drive me.  However, the anxiousness/excitement/fear that is coming with me - that I am allowing - is not how I want to proceed.

The anxiousness and fear are here because I'm not trusting myself to know what to do because my mind tells me I do not.  My being tells me to 'walk through and see where you end up.  You have you, regardless.' 

I choose not to lose sleep over this path and I choose to learn and be open, loving, professional and get the job done to as far as I can.

My mind functions better with enough sleep.  I am stronger with enough sleep.   I am more me with enough sleep.

May you let yourself sleep when you are tired and experiment if a proper amount of sleep is for you.  May you learn if you function better or worse with the proper amount of sleep.   Many believe we know the proper amount for ourselves...   Is this true ....

Perhaps, this can be an interesting experiment to see when, how and where you allow yourself downtime consciously and lovingly And the effect it has on you.  Be kind, gentle and loving to yourself.  Give yourself what you need.  My wish for you. 

                                          "Beautiful" Pictures of Nature! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment