Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reminded

My post about my great nap and the blanket on the couch was hard for me to admit.  The lack of being able to cover myself on the couch comfortably, even as a 52 year old woman, had me feeling so childish talking about this.  It was extremely strange.

Even the words and their sentences came out and found their own place on the post page.  I did not create the post to be written that way.  It just happened and, in truth, I did not know how to bring it back to my normal format so I just decided to go with it.  Whammo.

The post reminded me of a situation when I was working as a Personal Trainer.   I had a wonderful elderly couple in their 80s.  I was referred by my very first client who was in her 90s and she hired me so she could just get in and out of a chair easily.  This 90 something woman was lifting a barbell over her head by the time she gave up.  It was very cool for me (but I'm getting off the subject).  

I showed up one day and it was the man's birthday.  I had the great honor of encouraging and supporting them to have their very last dance right there in their living room in front of me.  What an honor.  (I know it was their last dance because one of them died very shortly thereafter.) 

To continue on.... the man began to tell me a story about how when he was 9, he got a bike for his birthday.  But something went awry and it was taken from him from his parents in a very mean manner.  Right there, as he was telling his story, he cried.  I was so taken aback that this man, over 80 years old, would cry over something that happened to him when he was 9.  I realized then that all the years; all the circumstances good and bad; all the feelings and emotions we ever breathe through are right here with us always.   Right here with us unless we mentally and physically release them through hard work and feeling them.   They do not go away.  They get buried deep until, and if, we are brave enough to feel them.

So, when I covered myself with a blanket, I was creating a new road; opening a new window for myself.  As simple as this sounds, it sure felt epic. (and wonderful)

May you do something so 'simple' today that it becomes epic.....

No comments:

Post a Comment