Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coldddddd

I am so very happy that I am not up north in the 0 deg C temperatures.  It is 61 here and it kinda sorta 'hurts' to walk the dogs.  I have layers on and, while I love breathing in the fresh cool air, my body seems to tighten and shrink to protect it from the cold.  I know for most people 66 is not cold, but to someone with scleroderma or raynauds, it is not always comfortable.  Our hands and, sometimes feet, can get purple because the circulation slows way down close to stopping.  Our face, hands and feet become numb.  It is quite uncomfortable.   A trip to the freezer section of the grocery store is like I've gone to Antarctica.  Yikes.

Anyway, I am very grateful to be down south instead of up north.  I hope all my friends and family; and even all of you, that are up there that I have not had the pleasure of meeting, are skiing, sitting by a fire with hot chocolate or warm tea (or coffee) and a blanket; and keeping the tip of your nose from freezing!   Enjoy wearing the boots and the leggings, the hats and the scarves - I appreciate your strength in getting from one location to the next!  Ha.  I know most Huskies like this cold, I know most little dogs do not.  I think about the deer looking for food.  I think about the quiet of the stillness.  I think 0 deg F is not for human life!  Oh my!

So, wherever you are; whatever you are doing; whoever you are....

May you find comfort in your ability to do just that -- find comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment