Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No Idea

I have no idea what to discuss, talk about, or share.  I'm kind of lost and baffled.  My one thumb is yelling at me to stop texting and I keep on texting.  It's sore and throbbing from a scleroderma ulcer.

I am feeling the confusion and delirium of my relationship (or lack thereof) with my father and his constant battle with himself and his health; and my constant battle with myself and right from wrong.

I'm thinking there is no right from wrong here.  I can only seem to follow my heart with some support from my head and move through this to the best of my ability.  This, for me (today), seems to be not leaving him high and dry and not giving him all of me.  Nothing feels completely right; I suppose nothing feels completely wrong either.  Although there are many opinions out there; I am the only one that can walk in my shoes.

I heard something the other day about a man who was "arguing" with a screw that was stripped and not easy to work with.  I heard him say that he was "arguing" with the screw to get rid of the defective one and replace it with a properly working one.  I always thought of this as "fighting".  I'd be "fighting" with the screw.

I got a bang out of him thinking more like it was an argument than a fight.  It sounded much less nasty and much less stressful to think of it this way to me.  Almost like taking a deep breath of fresh air.

Perhaps, I can think of myself arguing with the different thoughts in my head instead of "battling" or fighting with these thoughts.  Is this one way of being kinder to oneself?

I want to be kinder to myself during this time and always, for that matter.

May you be kinder to yourself today. 

If you hear yourself berating you; may you choose to think "this is my old habit" and change your words to more kinder, gentler and loving thoughts of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment