Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Day 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

I started the day thinking how 'off' it felt; how much I wanted to be all together making a dinner, together walking the dogs, together listening to music and together feeling content.

I got several texts from people saying Happy Thanksgiving Day and they were doing an exercise class with their kids; outside looking for deer, cutting turnips, putting the turkey in the oven, driving to their family's houses, or already where they were going to be spending the day.

I was feeling off because I was walking the dog by myself, not getting up early because someone else was cooking the meal (and the shopping), not knowing what time people were going to show up and who they were going to bring. 

I realized I was making myself feel alone, grumpy and miserable. 

How lucky I am to have a beautiful, safe and warm home to wake up in.  How lucky I am that I didn't have to do the shopping or the preparing of the meal (and it smells delicious).  I love going for a walk and then coming in and smelling the flavors of all the courses cooking together.  My husband is right here for me and completely supportive and willing to listen, hear and discuss all my thoughts that I can come up with to learn what we are all about.  I have family and friends that put up with me and all my questions, comments, and truth that makes them sometimes be out of their comfort levels because of the depth I ask them to go with me.

I look forward to sitting at a beautiful table with delicious (and plenty) of food with our small group of people here wanting to be here and feeling completely comfortable together and supportive of one another.  We will go around the table and state what we are thankful for.  We will be comfortable in silence.  We will be joyful with laughter. 

Right now, I am thankful that I am seeing reality and liking what I see.  I am, everyday, creating the reality that I want to live in, love in and share in.  I am getting out of my head of how it used to be; how it's not the same; how it would be better if....   IT'S GREAT JUST AS IT IS NOW, TODAY.   AND I TOTALLY BELIEVE THIS.

I have love, I have comfort, I have hope and I have today.  I have past experiences that have made me who I am.  I have future experiences coming that I will love and others that I will be okay through no matter what.

We are all here today being the best people we know how to be in this moment.  It is enough.

May you enjoy this Thanksgiving for how it is, just as it is.  May you know thankfulness, be comfortable and be true with the people you find yourself with.  These are most likely very special people in your life.  Allow them to be them as you bring the real you to the table.  Vulnerability can be a beautiful thing.  It can open up so many new doors, windows, and vents.

My wish is that you make today a loving day that will make you smile always.


theholidayspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment