Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Admit or Believe

I'm finding it pretty hard to admit or believe this is the next step in my life that is showing itself to me.  What comes first - admitting or believing....the egg or the chicken.  Ha.

I'm finding myself telling my loved ones that I feel lost and I need help finding help.  I seem to be unable to connect to the help that I want and need.  My belief that there is help for me is weak at the most.  I'm not very confident in myself just now and I feel shut down and a bit less hopeful as I'm waking up these days.

I did manage to get myself to my Naturopath and she pretty much reiterated what I already knew and didn't want to admit to or believe as my truth. 

She said that my body is guarding itself.  It is shut down and doesn't recognize any place as safe.  I am shut down and unable to open and deal with what is going on inside of me just now.  My body isn't ready to talk and I know my mind capacity is not all the way up.  I have no where to run but to face what is (with my father) head on.

Is this what I did when I was 10.  Did I shut down to not feel and/or participate in my life fully because I didn't want to admit, believe or participate in the truth of what was going on in my childhood family.  My dad had totally disappeared; my mother was in her own pain finding the strength to carry on alone with three children and tons of bills and responsibilities; and my siblings were, maybe, all lost in their own acceptance of where we were finding ourselves. 

I am here, day to day, waiting to hear the outcome of my dad's life.   I do not know why or how this is having such an affect on me.  As of now, we are waiting to hear if another scheduled surgery will happen or will it be cancelled.  He has no one else but my sister and I.  I can't imagine many people understanding this because I do not understand it myself even. I couldn't imagine that I would have any involvement in this during the last 40 years. 

I am not one to run from an ailing person.  I am not one to pretend that it's easy when it doesn't feel so.  I am one to have a hard time sharing this pain inside of me.  I am one that has a hard time admitting that I'm weak and unable.  I am one to not easily believe of a truth that I don't want to be so.

So, to keep moving forward I need to believe that this is my truth.  I need to admit that it's hard and I do not know the 'correct' way to play this out.  In reality, I know there is not a correct way; only the way I find myself doing it is the way for me. 

I am realizing that, for me in this moment, it doesn't matter what comes first.  It just matters that they both are here.

What are you resisting believing the truth of, if anything?  What are you unable to admit because it just may make it so and you may just have to deal with it?

AND I know, whether I admit this is as my truth or not....this IS my truth.  Apparently, there is more here for me to deal with.  Can I choose to feel it and let it go.

I hope I choose letting it go and carrying forward the real me....I have so much living to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment