Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Beginning of Summer Fun

Happy Memorial Weekend.  The beaches, lakes and parks gets packed as this weekend represents the beginning of summer for us here in the Northeast region of the United States. 

The weather (high 80s) is certainly making it so.  My body feels calmer in the warm hot weather.   It's interesting how some of us feel better in the heat and others like the cold.  It seems like it's more than just a preference.  Our bodies actually respond differently.  I had one winter long ago where I remember jogging through Valley Forge National Park and jumping over the ice and loving it.  Not affected negatively by the cold.  However, only one winter can I remember not letting the cold disrupt or interfere with my life.  Why was I able to be okay in this one winter.

Why do I feel such a more alive, happy me in the higher temperatures with the sun out than I do in the cold weather with many days of no sun.  It's just the way I roll I suppose.

Anyway, I certainly am starting to feel more alive, happy and excited to go outside and enjoy life.  I am so grateful for this.  I do hesitate when I find myself not able to turn on the hose or gather sticks in the yard easily.  I do get frustrated when I can't pull the trash bag out of the can because I cannot grasp it easily to pull.  However, slowly, I find a way or I ask for help.  I'm learning to accept that this is just my life and I know it could be so much worse.

So, as the summer rolls in, I find myself hopeful and excited for what the days will bring.  I am grateful to go out back with my dogs and play in the green grass.  Listen to the birds sing at 5 am when they are just waking and the light is coming.  I am grateful to be able to just walk out back and my body be calm because I don't freeze and get a chill and tense up.  I enjoy every step outside with all the 'aliveness' and growth of the trees, plants, and flowers.  (unfortunately, the weeds thrive too!)

The frogs are croaking at the pond; the fish are swimming anxiously awaiting to be fed.  The water in the pool is blue, clear and inviting.  The squirrels are at the bird feeders and jump and run when the dogs dart for them. 

Ah, summer.  I love the aliveness of it.  Sunrise and the warmth of the sun is healing for me.  Wait, I think I hear the ice cream truck!  Ooops, false alarm.  It was just in my head! 

Our heads are a powerful thing.  It can make us believe things that are not true.  It can tell us things we need to know and keep us safe from the wrong step.  Sometimes, it can get too noisy and learning how to quiet it and keep it present is a true gift. 

So, as summer approaches, I feel grateful, hopeful and happy that all is right in my world.  I got this.  It's all about each and every minute; the small things, the over the top things; the happy things and the sad things.  I am trying to accept it all and let life flow through me and know that I have the tools to handle and be okay with everything life throws at me. 

I give myself permisson to feel whatever I need to feel; to share whatever I need to share; to ask for whatever I need to ask for; and to love with abandonment.  I give myself permission to walk through my many fears and to follow my inner knowing with love and hopefulness knowing I will be okay.  I give myself permission to fail at things.

My wish for you today is to do things in spite of fear and have no regrets for at least trying.

  I hope we find ourselves happily proud that we do the best we can with what we know and with what we are able to do and even what we are able not to do.  To not fail pretty much means we are not trying everything we want to experience.  Go for it all with gutso and live and learn and grow.  Just BE U and there is nothing better for humankind.

I think this is the pep talk I need right now.  So please know this is a lecture to myself that I hope does something positive for you as well.

"GROW ON"   Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment