Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, May 27, 2011

Awareness

I hear it said that awareness is the first step to change; acknowledging what is truth for you in any situation.  In our humanness, we have great capacity for setting aside or ignoring what is uncomfortable for us to deal with.  We put it somewhere in our bodies and store it away. 

I have had some things stored for 30 plus years, I'm betting. 

Even though I have buried UNtreasure within me and not aware or connected to it; I am learning (for me) that the affect/hold it has on my ability to live true is jeopardized.  I believe my reaction to life situations can be affected by what I have buried or choose to ignore. 

This is what connection to being you can do.  It can help to release this 'uncomfortableness'/blockages that are within us and give us freedom to live our truth and react in the now to most life situations.  Some people may consider these as life triggers.  I've taken abandonment to all different levels; real and imagined.

Again, this is where when I hear kids are resilient, I say yes they are until they become adults.  Then all or a lot of our 'resiliency' comes forward and we either face it head on or choose to ignore/bury these feelings that we did not release at the time the situation occurred that changed the way we saw life.  Either option can be extremely hard work.  However, I'm learning that holding on to this 'stuff' -- the hard work lasts much longer.  If I feel it and let it go.  The hard work is done.

I'm believing, more and more, if we just feel what we are afraid to feel; let it process and flow through us, there is clarity and a lightness that takes the place of darkness and fog. 

What worked for us as children, no longer serves us.  In fact, it can be downright detrimental.  (i.e.   I learned to hide my feelings to not create chaos for the adults in my life (my belief).  Now, as an adult, hiding my feelings really stinks for me and everyone in my life (my belief).  I am numb and others don't know what I'm feeling and this makes them unable to fully connect with me and offer me help that they so desperately want to give. 

When I don't deny my feelings, I am being the closest to me that I can.  When I choose to deny my feelings, I get muddled and warped.

My wish for you is that you are allowing the flow of your feelings to rise in whatever capacity they are inside of you and that you are able to create a loving, safe environment to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment