Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Working

I'm working on better communication going forward with my man.  OH BOY!  lol

While he has asked me to leave him out of this blog; yet supports me with it....  it is hard to post when I am strongly involved with learning and growing in my relationship with him.

He is coming tonight!  I know excitement, anticipation and anxiety.

It is like I get set in my way, my schedule, my daily-ness and then he comes and 'my way' gets disrupted.  It has been like this for 20 years since he created, and we accepted, a job that has him traveling much during the week. 

So, he comes in tonight and, because of my choosing, I'm already rearranging things for his comfort and his stay.  I want him here and it's an adaption for all... until we finally, figure out a better way to have his income and have my health.... 

We cannot foresee much in life.  We can only do the best we can with the 'cards' we are dealt.  I believe this is what he and I have done.

There has been much greatness and much hard work and much flexibility and much giving up time with each other.  There has been good, wonderful decisions.  There have been not so good decisions.

And, right now in this minute we are married 22 years and going forward with great hope of more greatness coming our way.  How lucky we are to want to continue on together, forever.

Working together to raise our one and only brilliant and lovely child has been more like a tag team effort.  It worked for us a lot of the time.  It didn't always work for us.  It was what we created with what we knew, who we were, what came our way and what we were able to build together.  I am so grateful that I was there when she took her first step, said her first word, went to her first year of school, rode her first horse, took her first driving experience, graduated from high school and found the most perfect college for herself.  I was there.  I witnessed and experienced it all.  I am very blessed because of this. 

I also gave up my exercise company, playing out in the world alone, being with many friends often and exercise from time to time.  I alone chose to give these things up.

Back to my communication with my husband.  We are going forward as a couple again; this time with a recently grown child and I hold on to things that hurt me in the past, felt walked over at times, and want appreciation for allowing him to be the best that he could be on the job and out in the world.  It is what worked best for us and we both just want to be appreciated, honored and loved for who we are and what we did and how we loved, supported and gave to each other.   Is this my version of a mid-life crisis..  Maybe.  Is this just being human..  Maybe.  Is this me needing more connection with my man.. Maybe.

And, I'm open to doing better, creating anew, admitting I'm far from perfect, I made mistakes and I know that this man is the man that I'm supposed to be doing exactly this with.   Huge Learning.

So, as we communicate and let go and build anew.... emotions are rampant, feelings are out on the table and love is in the air.   Oh what a long marriage entails.

Entail on and marry away and continue to always, as best we can, come from a truthful and loving place as often as possible.

This is no easy feat.  Marriage is a continuous, never-ending work in progress.  Some great times.  Some rough times.  Some so-so times.   We've had them all. 

It seems that when he was 'out', I was 'in' and when I was 'out' he was 'in'.  There was always one of us fighting to stay in.   So far, we have won!  What a upside down, backwards, fast, slow, above water, below water roller coaster ride we've had, thus far. 

Communication changes all the time as we ourselves change.  What a 'hoot' and, perhaps, the strongest place to find one's truest of self. 

May you communicate with your partner.  If you don't have a partner just now, may you be truly open to having one if this is your wish or may you be happy alone for now.   I do know that it is more desirable to be lonely when I am alone than lonely when I am in a relationship.

Lessons are everywhere, never-ending, and the most wondrous lessons are not what I call easy.  And, we can allow ease....

May you allow ease in all your relationships as you speak your truth, lovingly.  May I offer, if you cannot speak your truth - write it, sing it, act it out.... Just be sure to let the person you are in this relationship with know your truth as lovingly and gently as you can making it all about you and how you feel, think, and what you want.  (This way we don't make the other person go on defense, hopefully.)  It just may allow for greatness and, at the very least, both will know where you stand.! 

*Edited with and accepted by my husband

                                                                         Unknown
 
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment