Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, September 16, 2013

Rainy Fall Day

I'm learning the weather here in southern Florida.  Rain, rain and rain.   Just now anyway.  There has not been many days of sun.  No full days of sun for certain.  The storms are invigorating and lovely.  The humidity and bugs are not.  I have a 'funny feeling' that if the sun were hot, it would be WAY HOT! 

It is not [ever] greener on the other side, perhaps.  There is always good with the bad and beauty with the ugly and peace with the chaos.  And, it's okay.

Embrace it all.  or so I tell myself.

I'm struggling with wanting it to feel 'easier' and 'it' not feeling so.   I am still exercising regularly although this is the third day that I did not make it the gym.  I'm feeling more sluggish for sure.

It has stormed all day.   While I took some video of it to send to friends and family, it has invigorated me during the storm, yet, now on the tail end of it, I find myself lazy. 

I have found out, somewhat quickly, that my muscles do, in fact, have memory and my ability to increase on most workouts has been doable.   There are some days, when my body doesn't want to and I honor this. 

I hear my body saying 'thank you', 'thank you', 'thank you'.  I get excited being in the gym.  It feels wonderful to sweat some and get reacquainted with my muscles.  It is a joy. 

I believe it's best for my skin, my heart,  my bones, my muscle mass and to burn calories.   Muscle burns more calories than fat and this, too, I find exciting.  Movement and weight lifting make every day life easier.  It just does.

So, while I wish I was at the gym today because I know I'd feel better after (no one has ever been sorry they exercised regularly), however, getting up at 4:30 am to take a trip to the airport and not falling back asleep set me out of sorts today and I did not push and I am sorry.  I will stay sluggish until tomorrow. 

Yes, I could beat myself up.  And, I'm learning to trust the process and not beat myself up (too bad) when I don't do what is 'right' for myself.  I am open to learning and doing better in these moments and accepting where I am, for now. 

Yes, a part of me puts a "L" on my forehead (ha) and, luckily, a larger part of me is beginning to hug myself and support myself through instead.   It is quite a different feeling than berating and judging too harshly.  It's all really okay.  And, it's all about finding the best balance as best I can.  I'm a work in progress. 

May you hug and support yourself through it all as best you can.  Perhaps, you, too, are a work in progress.  Honor where you are.  You are worth your own kindness. 

                                                         Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment