Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, September 1, 2013

Made It!

I am realizing that this is the first ever Labor Day weekend I have been in Florida.  I have no need to worry about the end of Summer as the weather changes to cooler and the cold, dark winter season.  There will be no long-term cold for me as of right now, perhaps, if I'm lucky, ever again.

I am blessed.  I am grateful.

In my teens, 20s and 30s, I never enjoyed what the Labor Day weekend represented to me -- the end of warm weather.  I knew cold was around the corner and my body hardly ever did well with cold.  Cold hurt me terribly.  From purple hands to numb hands to ulcers on my fingers where the skin would die off would be my winter experience for most every winter.  My suffering was great. 

The pain made me go inside and take a good, not at all easy but extremely productive look at who I am, how I think, react, and feel over every situation that arose.  Lots of work.  And, when I was in pain, I would do anything to alleviate it. 

Now, I am blessed.   Perhaps, I was blessed during my pain as well.  I am uncertain.

However, I made it through many more months living in Florida than Pennsylvania or New Jersey.  When I was 18, living in an apartment, I remember making a call to Andrews and Pinkstone Realty in West Palm Beach, FL to see the availability of apartments in West Palm Beach.  I had never been there before, I liked the name of the place.  (hey, I was 18!)  And, I knew.

So, I feel that I have finally arrived.  I am where I am supposed to be.  I no longer fear the cold and the pain that would visit me on a very long, very hard, very regular basis.

Happy Labor Day to all who celebrate it.  It's meant to commemorate and respect the "social and economic achievements of the American worker".  While America is truly a baby compared to most countries, and seems to have been based on the 'American Dream', we, too, are human and doing the best we can with what we know and where we've been and who we are.  I know we can do better.  I know we will.  We all can and we all will as we become more loving, more supportive, more truthful as a 'self' and as a planet. 

May you no longer labor with things that have bothered you.  May you know your answer and achieve it in the easiest, most loving way possible.  Baby steps to Giant Steps are appreciated!

                                                        Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment