Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Marketable

My beautiful 'paradise' is on the market.  We are selling it.  The sales representative apparently 'staged' the house as to make it the most marketable it can be.  We were able to let them do this because I am currently not living in it.  They put my house exactly how they wanted it with our permission.

The pictures are in my email inbox.  I cannot get myself to look.  This beautiful paradise that was mine; that I created from a land with only trees on it; that I put my soul and spirit, elbow grease and everything I am into it -- is being sold.  I want to sell it.  I knew when I was creating this home that it would not be the last place I would live in AND I am amazed by the not-so-happy (Mmmm) reaction I find myself having now that it is officially on the market.

I named this home Shambala - sanskrit for a place of peace and harmony for all living creatures.  It was my love with my husand that created this phenomenal, one of a kind resort home.  Now, we give it up.

I am now calling the house 1632.  I am telling myself that "Shambala" is wherever my husband and I are.  We are shambala.  1632 is just a house.   I believe this and some of my cells have not caught up to this belief yet. 

I am so grateful to have known this experience; to have been fortunate enough to build this home and live there for as long as we did. 

There is always good.  There is always not so good.

This is where I sit today.   Right in the middle, deciding which road to believe in and move forward with. Yikes.
--
As I do this, we are also placing my high class, beautiful and elegant 92 year old aunt who has been among many of my posts in hospice care. (She'd be very happy with this description of her!)  She has lost the battle with the physical self.  She has had a heart attack and has renal failure.  I have been dealing with this for a few days and I wanted to honor her and my silence of same is one way of honoring her.  It is okay to have some private matters in one's life.  It is not okay or helpful (to me) to not be true to what is.

So, as I sit with my Pennsylvania home on the market and the inevitable loss of my loving aunt, I am in a place of loss, sadness, feeling alone, feeling unsettled and grief.

If I were to look for the good in it.... My aunt has had 92 wonderful (91 really - the last year has been hard on her) years that she lived the way she wanted to live.  She was never married, never had children, worked til she was 72 from the age of 17 and provided for herself beautifully; traveled the world; loved me and all of her family (and we her) and was 'too young for a retirement home' at the age of 92.  She is loved by many.  I am honored to call her my aunt and to have known such a brilliant, independent, strong, caring woman.  One of her favorite sayings was "This too shall pass".  I just want her suffering to stop.  I want her to have her dignity back and to be relaxed and know as much peace as possible.  This is what I know hospice can provide for her last days here on Earth as a human being.

Good side of the house sale - This I am choosing to compare when I'm a bit less tired because I mentally have had enough for today.

So, while everything is marketable in this world - people's genius', houses, events, items, and even words --  careful what you wish for.....  be happy for today.....   and trust the process of change and of life.

May you know your true brilliant marketability and never sell yourself short.   Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment