Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crazier Things

I know crazy things happen every day.  However, today, as I was driving to an appointment listening to the NY Doctor station on Sirius Radio, I decided to change the channel... And the radio, the dial, nor the arrow on the steering wheel allowed me to do so.  It was frozen on this station.   This never happened before.  I turned the radio off and on thinking this might free the station; to no avail.

I continued listening and they started talking about people born without hands or extremities - how it was still possible to feel and almost embrace the hand that wasn't there.  There's this thing called proprioception or body awareness where we know how much space we take up and how we move and manage our body throughout the day.  It talked about still having awareness down to the ends of the fingers that aren't there and to mentally take a picture and feel as if they were.  

I'm not sure why they were saying that this is even better than replacing the 'stub' with a hook-like hand.  But, I thought 'what the heck', I'll try it.  I'll feel my fingertips past where they are.  I'll feel and even envision having nice healthy nails that I can paint a pretty color.  I'll envision grabbing a pen, drinking glass, or steering wheel easily with my whole and easily flexible fingers.

It was very interesting that I was unable to change the radio station.   I listened until I got to my destination, fascinated.

When I got back in my car, after my appointment, the station was easily changed to the 70s, which is what I listen to when not listening to the Doctor station much of the time.

Interesting?  Goofy?  Strange?   I think yes!

May you go with the flow and 'listen' with everything you are.  You may just hear something very important to you.  Ha.  Never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment