Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Birthday

It is my birthday weekend this week.  I'll be 53 years old.  I won't be with my husband and daughter and I have many wonderful friends that are willing to spend this day with me.

My wonderful niece is flying down.  There is something going on with her mom  - my sister.  My sister is a horrible liar and I've heard 'whispers' from her that leads me to believe that she may be wanting to surprise me coming along with my niece.   I would love if she came.  I'm having a hard time not knowing.  I'm feeling OFF not being able to envision what my weekend will look like.  It is my belief that it will be different if my beautiful niece comes alone than if my fabulous sister comes also.

I'm walking my dogs tonight in tears because Little Bear is wanting to go in each and every bush making the leash stick at least 8 times in between tiny, curved branches.  She is chasing the geckos and this is her new found game that puts me on edge.  Yikes.

In the past (long ago), I have purchased and worn new outfits for my birthday.  This time around I'm uncomfortable with being center of attention and I don't really want to make it a big day.... Although, of course, IT IS!!   Ha. 

My brain is playing silly games on me.  I think this is the me that is torn between what was, what is and where I'm wanting to be.

I feel that I've usually just gone with the flow and knew that I could trust myself to be okay with whatever comes my way.   I'm not feeling this now or in the past few years.  I'm scared that I will not be able to handle or have enough energy for whatever comes my way.  This is not a fun place I am finding myself. 

And, I will embrace and walk onward and through.   So, anyhoo, I just sent a text to my sister asking her for no surprises please.... asking her if she is definitely not coming then.....   I await her answer.

I'm sad to spoil their fun and I'm so unsettled in my own head and life right now that all little things seem huge to me.

Like I mentioned earlier - even walking the dogs is getting to me because my head is comparing how easily it was to go outback in my lovely backyard and just throw the toys whenever I wanted to instead of putting leashes on and having to deal with 'outside' issues. (can you imagine?!? oh my)   Of course, I didn't do this in the winter.  There it's seasonal; here it is not. 

So, while I've gotten good at 'knowing' what is accurate, the 'feeling' part of me still holds on and is slower to process and accept the truth of what is.

This is how I'm 'knowing' and 'feeling' just now anyway.   Oh the burdens of having my human brain.  lol

"In the end, only three things matter:  how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."  Buddha

I am not feeling very graceful in this moment.

May you know gracefulness in allowing yourself to let go of the old and receive, perhaps completely, anew.

Good things lie ahead.  Of this, I am certain.  Actually, good things are here right now today.  It's getting my head (thoughts) positive to see the greatness of each present moment.   Like Eckhart Tolle has reminded us - "Be Here Now".

No comments:

Post a Comment