Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, September 14, 2012

Talking to Books

I guess I can say I'm talking to books now, too.  I picked up the book, "eating mindfully" by Susan Albers, psy.d. and said to myself - 'please open to the page that I most need to read just now.'  And, this is what came up, And, it felt right to me!  I'm having fun now!

"6.  Do not judge what others eat.  No one wants to dine with someone who criticizes their food choices.  If someone chooses greasy French fries that you wouldn't dare touch, be aware of your reaction.  Say to yourself, "I'm judging and I need to be more compassionate.  I notice that I become envious and critical at the same time.  I need to focus on my eating and my eating alone."  At other times, you might feel guilt that your "thinner" companion is eating less than you are.  Again, be mindful of your needs and everything going on within yourself."

Very nice way to focus, indeed! 

Note:  I have been known to eat french fries! 

May you focus on what is going on inside of you rather than other people and their 'wrongdoings'.

No comments:

Post a Comment