Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, September 11, 2012

5 Yrs Old

My five year old self is very present today.  She's been here for several days.  I am presently feeling like a child and very child-like. 

I feel scared and left out.  I feel frightened and unwanted.  I went so far as to say to myself, "I feel like a 5 year old".  When I took it yet another step (that perhaps many would not), I asked what happened when I was 5?  The answer was....My brother was born.

So, at the age of 5 some of the attention I was getting from my parents had to go to the newborn.  Me, as an adult, realizes this and agrees and can understand it.  Me, as a 5 year old cannot. 

So, my 5 year old self (and I believe if you've been five - you have one too! - ha) felt unwanted when my family set the table for everyone but me (guest included) after being told I was not going to eat tacos, which is what was being served.  Oh my - this is a terrible fate for some five year olds.  For my 52 year old self, I knew that I had the power, knowledge and ability to get myself something to eat and sit right down there with them.  But, nooooo.   I allowed my 5 year old self to paralyze myself and just pout and hide; which is most likely what I did when I truly was 5.  Anyone following me here?  Ha.

So, after discussing this subject AND this subject being the last thing I wanted to discuss... I feel that I did not react the way that was best for me.  I wish I would have stated that I was feeling left out and wanted to sit and eat with everyone.  Or better yet, perhaps, I could have chosen to just sit right down and eat what I brought to the table with me.  OR just sit right down and join them, whether I ate or not....  if this is what made me happy.

I did say 5 years old, remember.....

So, for next time (and there better not be a next time!), I know how to react in my best interest.  I know my family loves me.  I know they would want me to sit with them.  I'm sticking with this story from now on. 

May you choose the story that makes you feel best especially if you have a choice between two correct stories.

One, the family did not set a plate for me; Two, the family did not set a plate for me because they knew I didn't like what they were having and they would've still loved for me to join them.  DUH  OK 5 year old, you had to add the "DUH", didn't you!?!?!?!?!?!  

What is my world coming to....

No comments:

Post a Comment