Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reach High

Without reaching for it, it would be hard to achieve it.   If I do not try to do better, it won't happen.  It doesn't always happen when I do try.  Oh - where I'm at!.....

My head spins wanting to fight the truth of my mouth misery.  I want to 'will' it better.  I can only try. 

I'm finding that (or is it my imagination?) when I am just about ready to act on change, my body tells me different.  It tells me I'm not ready.  The world isn't ready for me.  Let's face it - I'm scared to be in the workforce world!!!!  I am not the person I was when I was last ventured out banking on myself and working hard and sharing life.  I am a different being.  In truth, I am more the person I was born as.  However, the confidence of this person is not the same as the person I created to show to the world in the past.  Not yet, anyway.

I have a new persona; a new direction.  I know differently now than I did then.  In truth, I'm weaker (MUCH) physically.  AND, it was a lot (a lot) about the physical last time.  Hey, it's what I sold; what I did for a living.  It was glorious for me and to me.  The fitness field was my passion.

Now, I know different (for me anyway).  I know that, while having a strong physique is a most beautiful gift to oneself, life is also about connecting to our internal self, stretching the mind and opening the soul to the world.   Living one authentic self in a depleted body is more real than living one strong, svelte self in pretense of what ails one.  (oh, I do not want to go here) 

Yet, this is what I did.  If I hurt a finger or my hands were cold and purple, I would continue on.  I would ignore what what going on within me and I would continue on.  I did not let it stop me, change me or phase me.  If I wanted to do 100 leg lifts, then I would do 100 leg lifts.  I wouldn't tap into the body saying, Stop, take a breather.  It worked for me then.  It does not now.

So, just because I've been doing something all my life doesn't mean it 'should' still work for me now; that it is, without a doubt, the thing I need to continue on doing because it's what I know and what has previously worked for me.  Just because I always enjoyed and and did it this way; well, today life is different.   I am different.  Life changes.   People change.  I changed.

I remember someone asking me decades ago, if I was the same person today as the person I was when I was very young.  At that time, I answered, "no way".  Today, I answer, "I am undoubtedly the person I was when I was little".  I am connected to this person; this person resides within me - her and I are one.  I left her for a long time.  I couldn't take and feel and deal with her pain.  I now have taken and felt and dealt with her pain.  The pain is still a part of me, yet, the pain is extinct.  I have felt it and let it go.  My guess is that I probably could tap into it from time to time if something triggers it or reminds me of it.  However, I have processed it and it doesn't contribute negatively in my decision making.

I thought when I achieved this, I would heal my body.   I would no longer have physical signs of the internal pain that I once had buried deep inside.  Part of me believes I did heal.  Part of me believes my hands have more blood flow; more life.  I'm waiting for my fingernails to grow.  Only time will tell.

Yet, why do I suffer with my mouth now.  Why am I not healing from the dental work.  What more is there I need to learn to be free of pain; free of suffering on a regular basis.   I am totally, totally wiped out from suffering.  If I chose, I could most likely let it embody me and disintegrate me.

Hope is the strength that keeps me going.  Hope is the joy that I feel to know and connect to others through.  Hope is the breeze within me that will not quit.  I have hope that I will feel good and strong one day - one day soon.

Til then, I pray that hope keeps supporting me and challenging me and guiding me to a more fuller, present, open, and more alive 'me'. 

Talk about reaching high!  I might as well go for it all.  If I don't reach for it - I have no chance at all of getting it.

May you reach for what you want.  It's okay.   The 'want' is there for a reason.  Wouldn't it be a hoot to get it?

                                      This is a picture of the pond with the sky reflecting on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment