Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, April 27, 2012

Eye Opener

I believe I gave up some situations, opportunities, and passions in the belief that I was protecting and enabling my family's lives to be better.  I believe I am very aware not to say negative things about others, including my husband, so my daughter makes her own decisions on who and what they are about.  I believe I've protected both from problems, worries and situations that I don't like to deal with, worry about or be in.  Have I not been the real ME in the process?

Has it worked?  Have I made their lives better thinking and acting this way?  Have I provided more opportunities for them while giving up my own?  I don't know if this is the case.   I don't know if this is true for them. I always thought it was.  I'm thinking differently just now.

I do know that I feel I gave up things that I would not have given up if they were not in my life. (I do believe this is true for most, however, the level may be the important thing here.)   I believe I did it for them.  Is this true?  WOWZA.  I'm starting to think I did it for me; because this was my belief on the way things 'should' be in a family. 

I'm thinking this is like giving a gift.  I give a gift because it makes me feel good; it's something I want to do.  I feel happiness or righteous giving to others.  The other person may or may not like it or even want it.  If I love it, it makes me feel happy.  Hopefully, the recipient will love it too; however, I can't ever be 100% unequivocally certain how they feel.   I do know how I feel.  If I'm protecting someone by me always picking up the dog poop or cancelling my appointment; am I protecting them or am I creating an untruth.  And, this does not always feel 'happy'.  In fact, I feel angry at times.   Oh, this is so huge for me.

What if me giving up things I love and want to do only affects me.  What if me giving up and waiting around to see what others want and need is not having the positive affect on the other person like I think it is. What if I'm thinking I'm there for them and it truly doesn't affect their life in the way I think it does.  What if me giving up my self is only affecting me; and negatively at that.  What if me thinking that they need me in this way is arrogant and, worse, hurting them and me. 

OH MY.  What a revolution!  So, by me not being true by holding back or holding in and by me not being true to myself totally does not help others.  Me not living the me that I so desperately want to live is hurting the people that I most want to help!

This comes from me thinking that showing excitement when Daddy comes home to my once little daughter and having her run to him like he is the most special man on Earth; or not going out with a friend in case a family member needs me; not spending $ on something that makes me feel happy so someone else can spend the $ --   what if this is all dishonest and fake. What if this is what keeps me sick.  Oh, I'm on to something here and it doesn't feel UNfoolish at all.  In fact, I'm so baffled and freaked it's crazy.

IS this the part of me that I so desperately am missing?  Is this why my ears are ringing because I'm not listening to my inner voice?  I'm listening to this outer voice that tells me being a mom and wife are about being there for your family WHENEVER they need you.  So I wait.  Is this why I get such agitation from them at times.  My untruth they feel--they do not want any part of it.  WOWZA WOWZA WOW

Something here is making me feel real foolish.  Something here, I so want to resist because what if I have been doing it wrong.  I have been waiting around in case they need me.  I have been saying no to myself so I could be here for them.  I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS TO MYSELF.   Ouch - deep breath.  A TOTAL MIND BOGGLE.

Oh.  Oh.  Oh. 

I feel this in every cell in my body.  This is what I will be doing today.  Allowing this to process and see where I end up.

May you be with just your self, your thoughts.  May you be connected to what makes your soul sing.  May you be open to the possibility that there just might be a better way for you...and your family because of it. 

I totally believe that being who I really am on the inside - out in the world - is best for me, for you and for our world.

I totally believe that being who you really are on the inside - out in the world - is best for you, for me and for our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment