Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, January 20, 2012

Turmoil

"Oscar Wilde:  "Life is too important to be taken seriously."  And then, a quotation of Johnny Castle's from Patrick's movie Dirty Dancing, "The steps aren't enough--feel the music.""
From the book "Worth Fighting For" by Lisa Niemi Swayze

I am feeling the music; it's the steps I am not sure of.  When I get stuck, I get stuck good.

I know where my love lies.  I know what I'm good at.  How do I get from knowing to doing.  The biggest thing holding me back is me.

At my doctor's appointment yesterday, he suggested that I see how long I can stay in bed without having to get up.  This thought alone gives me stress!  I've been in bed a lot these last two years.  I'm still there.  I get up and do something(s) and then I'm back in.  He suggests that I am getting up because I think I have to.  I do wonder how I can be so stressed just being in bed. 

I feel like I'm ME now.  AND, I am questioning how to be ME in the world.  Last time I was in the world 'playing', working, travelling, experiencing; I was me with my ability to hide my pain and hurt because of the scleroderma.  Now, I'm ready to be me and show all of me and yet it scares me A LOT and it is like going out in the world like a new born but with a lot of information, an able brain to think and communicate, experiences from the past and (the good news) lots and lots and lots of 'tools'. 

I'm wondering when I will be ready.

Are you ready to be and share all of you?

We all have good, bad, ugly and beautiful.  Or is this just being human and we don't have to label any of it....

I used to say 'we all have our burden and this is just mine'.  In truth, I wouldn't know how to have other people's burdens, would you? 

Although, currently and apparently, I do not know how to have my own!  So, I'm here trying to accept it and I'M GOING TO WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment