Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, January 20, 2012

Hanging Out

Snow is possibly on its way for the first time this year.  Not much; just a couple of inches.  The beauty of snow falling and making every thing white is enjoyable to me.  As a child, I would be out there for hours building snowmen, having snowball fights, building forts; and making snow angels.  We got to be pretty good at it; all the kids from the neighborhood.

When 'they called' for snow; I got pretty excited getting up every so often during the night to see how much was laying on the ground and praying that there would be no school!  I'd look up at the streetlight and watch it come down.

I didn't worry about shoveling; although I helped.  I didn't worry about slipping and sliding; I looked forward to it.

It wasn't until I was in 10th grade that I started realizing that my fingers hurt terribly in school during the winter months.  Then, however, I thought it was normal and every one else must be feeling the same thing.  Youth, right?

So, here I am in January in Northeastern Pennslvania,  for the first time in probably over 20 years, waiting to see if it's going to snow.  If it doesn't, I'll be heading up to the Pocono Mountain area to visit my aunt.  If it does, it's kinda cool.  (i'm trying here)

Of course, a path for the dogs will have to be made as well; depending on the depth of the snow. 

I am very fortunate I don't have to do it.  I don't think that would work out too good. 

I am finding that I can go out and not suffer immediately.  I can be out there and it not bother me immediately.  I am grateful for this.  However, it is not long before my nose is ice cold and my fingers are burning and numb and my whole body starts to shiver and I run back inside (unfortunately less than 7 minutes or so; but it is not upon stepping out like it has been previously)  I do love walking on the hard ground.  I do love breathing in the air.  I feel sorry for the poor fish stagnant in the freezing water.  There is a bubbler in there to keep air  in the winter and so that it doesn't freeze solid.  They surely don't move much.  It's amazing how they survive.  Nature; it can be such an unknown, beautiful, mysterious, and breathtaking thing.  It surely is a gift to connect to and watch.

It's not always great to be in the middle of it.  On the other hand, however, it can be so awesome to be right in the middle of it.  Just like our lives, I suppose.

So, next time you find your self 'hanging out'...

My wish is that you enjoy yourself right where you are. 

                                                  Sent to me in an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment