Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life is A Hoot?

So, I get to the dentist with my wimpy self and strong self --- if I wasn't strong - I wouldn't be there....believe you me!

Anyhow, I get to the dentist and he tells me I have to get this front tooth pulled.  This tooth has had root canal; apecoectomy (An apecoectomy is necessary when the root of a tooth gets infected after a root canal. They open up the gums to get to the root and clean out the infection) and now it is still decaying.   Oh, yuck!  He gives me my options of a bridge or an implant and with my not so healthy skin - I'm thinking bridge.  But, to get the impression tray in my mouth.  Well, we had to be creative.  No way was the tray itself going in.  He made a plate-like device and we used this.

He does tell me I have one more cavity and he will do this next time.  I check out and pay and as I am putting my hand on the door handle, I hear my name being called.  It just so happens that the doctors next appointment has cancelled and they can do my cavity now.  If this is my 'good luck' for the day, I'm thinking I'm in trouble..

The dentist is brilliant; I've known him for 30 years plus and he has helped me and he says he feels like he has to turn himself 'into a pretzel' to get into my mouth.  Poor guy.  Poor me.

Anyway, we get the job done and I'm outta there.  Now, I'm feeling sorry for myself and have to get my head around another tooth pull. 

I swear my day felt like 'pulling teeth'.   LOL (sort of?) 

May you find the humor in your 'pulling teeth' moments when possible and know that getting upset, angry or nasty does nothing to change the outcome.  If it feels good to release some negative feelings, may you do it in a way that hurts noone including and especially yourself and/or others.  (like screaming on the top of your lungs in the car alone, hitting and kicking on the bed, exercising, boxing - you know - FUN stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment